X

Screw in my rear tire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scott73 View Post
    I've installed several of these on other four wheeled vehicles and had no problems. I had the tire taken off of the wheel and patched it from the inside over a thousand miles ago. The was only a couple of months old when I picked up the screw and is doing fine with the patch. I was at a loss as to why the string plug wouldn't hold. Anyway, beatin' a dead horse now. Tires fine and working well.
    "You can pour syrup on sh*t, but that doesn't make it pancakes"

Comment

dang that always blows!

Comment

Yep. I have heard of getting it plugged, but I wouldnt chance it!
        99 Ford F150 4x4
        04 Mustang GT
        2010 Camaro SS
        06 GSX600F
        sigpic

Comment

yeah it does blow. What really blows though is that my new tires wont be here until July 10th!!!

Comment

Safe 2 ride with screw

Ok,

New tires are here. Gonna strap em to my back and ride the bike to the shop.

Reminder : my rear tire has a screw in it. Doesn't appear to be leaking air.

Safe to ride 15 miles to dealer (35 mph)?

Comment

I'd hate to say it would be safe... But might do it myself. Bear in mind I take unnecessary risks on a regular basis.

If you have other means of transportation removing the rear wheel isn't that hard, especially with all the how-tos on here. The other option would be to sign up for AMA with the automatic renewals, and you get towing included. For 35 a year and 10% off from bike bandit, it isn't a bad deal at all.
              Pics
              Pics
              No pics yet
              Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I ain't bothered to read this thread , but here's some words of ... something .....
                I change my tire if I find something (nail , staple , other crap , I've seen my share ) , in it . I've sold tires to people who will ride on plugged tires . One of whom I respect MIGHTILY (meanstreak) . He says he'll rail on a plugged tire , but no trackdays . In MY head , I can no longer trust it , but others CAN . I DID ride from Mi to Ky on a plugged tire last summer , though . I didn't have much choice then , and bought a replacement as soon as I got home . So there , take it as you will . And I rode to the shop a few miles away with the nail in my tire , pulled the wheel in the parking lot , and handed it to the service guys so they could plug it . Just took it REAL easy just in case .
                Last edited by md86; 07-09-2010, 01:32 AM.
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I think that's what is going to have to happen. I'm going to add a little air if the pressure is down, and ride it to the shop.

The tough part is how do I get the tires there. I'm going to devise some way to strap them to my back. Is this something I'd get pulled over for?

BTW the smell of my new tires is taking over my living room and is intoxicating.

Comment

Wear them Michelin Man style . Seriously . It has been done before .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                      Wear them Michelin Man style . Seriously . It has been done before .

Thought about that actually.

Strapped em to the b*tch part of the seat and put some air in the rear tire with the screw. Rode 50mph to the dealer and the new tires are on!

Picking up monday. stay tuned

Comment

Z6's are on!

Break in period? BAH!! Rode home in a rainstorm.

Carefully.

Comment

but...

lmao

Comment

Coming soon

Comment

Working...
                            X