X

GSX750ES Rebuild

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSX750ES Rebuild

Heres the Latest Pics from Project Suzuki.Just got the Tyres Fitted,I'm going to start Chassis over the Holidays.

Note the Tiny 16 inch front Wheel,the Rear is 17 inch,You can also see the Reservoir for the Anti-dive Forks.
    Last edited by Simonref; 12-21-2013, 01:26 PM.
    Only a Biker knows why a Dog sticks Its Head out of a car Window

Wheels and swingarm look good. Curious as to why you're going with a 17" rear but a 16" front though.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
      Wheels and swingarm look good. Curious as to why you're going with a 17" rear but a 16" front though.
      Standard Factory Fitment.

Comment

Really? Haven't run across that before. Cool!
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

A bike of its time 16 inch wheel anti dive forks,all 80's equipment

Comment

I love what you have done with the front rotors. Might do the same on mine. The gold really stands out.
            Gammas and Katanas

Comment

Originally the Rims were Gold ,hence the Gold Anti-Dive Reservoirs,so i thought a little touch of Gold to Highlight.

Comment

Originally posted by gammarider View Post
                I love what you have done with the front rotors. Might do the same on mine. The gold really stands out.
                If I am not mistaken, it's only the 600 and 750's from 1988 and up that don't have the gold brake rotors. all the 1100's have them.

the early 80's vary. the 1100 didn't have them, but the 750's did. the 650 katana had red rotors to match the paint.

Simonref, is this the one with the pop-up headlight?
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

More please
                  Carpe Jugulum...
                  1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

No Mine is not the pop-up Katana ,thats the GSX750SE,Mines the earlier ES Version.Suzuki tried to Cash in on the previous Katana Models by Re-hashing the ES/ESF/ESD Models into the Pop-up Katana, until the GSXR Models were available.Ps the Forks are from the Pop-up Katana though.
                    Last edited by Simonref; 12-27-2013, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Simonref View Post
                      No Mine is not the pop-up Katana ,thats the GSX750SE,Mines the earlier ES Version.Suzuki tried to Cash in on the previous Katana Models by Re-hashing the ES/ESF/ESD Models into the Pop-up Katana, until the GSXR Models were available.Ps the Forks are from the Pop-up Katana though.
                      Those forks are not from a pop up. The fender mounts are different, the top where the fork seals are have three unpainted rings and the insides of the fork legs are unpainted. I have six pop ups from 84-86 and none have those forks. I have had gs750's with the anti dive same as the pop ups, gsxr's and the rg500......I think those are stock maybe with anti dives from another bike ??????

PS...all my pop ups have black rotors.
                      Last edited by gammarider; 12-28-2013, 04:57 PM.
                      Gammas and Katanas

Comment

[QUOTE=gammarider;2310268]I think those are stock maybe with anti dives from another bike ??????
                        The Genuine Suzuki Dealer Manual I Have Shows these Forks in Exploded View and in photo's as standard equipment on the 1984 GSX750SE Pop-up Katana.Whether or not it was standard on US and Canada models I know Not.The Forks are not in standard paint trim,as are the rotors.The UK GR72A[non Katana] Model had Gold Rims as Standard.I am using parts From that Model, as that is what is available in the UK,the Anti dive on that is completely different,some have Four Brake lines, with two connected from the Brake Caliper to the Anti Dive Unit,and some with the more normal two Brake Lines.All are completely disimillar to unit I have.
                        Last edited by Simonref; 12-29-2013, 06:11 AM.

Comment

[quote=Simonref;2310291]
                          Originally posted by gammarider View Post
                          I think those are stock maybe with anti dives from another bike ??????
                          The Genuine Suzuki Dealer Manual I Have Shows these Forks in Exploded View and in photo's as standard equipment on the 1984 GSX750SE Pop-up Katana.Whether or not it was standard on US and Canada models I know Not.The Forks are not in standard paint trim,as are the rotors.The UK GR72A[non Katana] Model had Gold Rims as Standard.I am using parts From that Model, as that is what is available in the UK,the Anti dive on that is completely different,some have Four Brake lines, with two connected from the Brake Caliper to the Anti Dive Unit,and some with the more normal two Brake Lines.All are completely disimillar to unit I have.
                          That is strange. What does your front fender look like because the pop up has a unique front fender mounted from the top of the fork lower and not the sides. Uses a mount like this......
                          Attached Files
                          Gammas and Katanas

Comment

......and this is my fork...looks a little different especially where it is a little thicker just below the fork seals.
                            Attached Files
                            Gammas and Katanas

Comment

gammarider.. Sir I must bow to your superior Wit and Intellect,You are correct and I am Wrong,and in fact these are not Pop-up forks.However the're still going on the bike,Its not going to be Stock, ie the parts going on it are not model Specific to a particular model,but from across the 750es range.Its not going to have a stock paint scheme either, we've settled on a Metallic Bergundy that should really look good.

Comment

Working...
                              X