X

1st accident

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st accident

1st time in so many yrs Scary shiate!! Back roads in Central FL while I was doing like 90mph (straight rd) a hard left turn pop up ,lowered the rpm/speed though couldn't control it, the bike slid on the dirt I took a dive over bike flew a couple fts,the poor bike cracked the belly ,rash over the left cowling.The beast landed on my leg/knee area. A fellow biker & a car pulled over to help me with the bike.Just imagine almost 600 pounds on your leg and can't move because the dirt is like soft sand.I was lucky enough to not have any road rash,just a swollen knee and both shoulders hurts like Hell .Dr's appointment tomo for some pain killers and take a couple days off.The Kat is in the Garage still all dirty from our mishap,well every day you learn something

Forgot to add that this issue was last weekend.Took the whole week off (sick) due to extreme pain,swollen knee
    Watch for your Guardian Angel
    750 '04 Kat (blue)

Comment

bummer..heal up quick!

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Glad to hear you are ok for the most part. Sorry to hear about the Kat. Sometimes you just get bitten....

Remember, Caps Lock is Cruise Control for Cool

Comment

Man sorry to hear that. Heal up fast and just be glad it was not your time! Sounds like you and the Kat will be fixed up just fine.
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

I wish you a speedy recovery. Sounds like it could have been alot worse.
            I would rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6.

It doesn't matter what they say about you as long as they spell your name right.

Comment

heal quick dude, sorry about the bike

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

I used to live in Sebring so I know how those central florida back roads are. But 90mph?!?
                Was your helmet too tight? You know Florida is made of sand and it pops up in every curve and turn. Man, I wish you would have learned this lesson an easier way. Take your time bro, the only place you gonna get to quick by speeding like that is to the grave.

Were you wearing gear?

http://www.easttnriders.com

Comment

I was wearing all my gear,just some road rash and a dislocated shoulder.The bad news that got today was from the adjuster;the bike is /was totalled.Major damage to left fairing,tail,belly and bended fork.I have to meet with the Progressive agent on Monday for final agreement of insurance payment.
                  750 '04 Kat (blue)

Comment

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

NEVER like to hear stories about down riders. I'm just glad your ok and yer here to tell us about it..

Finger x'd yer insurance agent does you right.

Comment

glad you are ok, can you buy the bike back from the insurance company? Ebay helped me out greatly when I had to put my bike back together.

Comment

Well the agent told me that I can buy it back from them though my concern how much they will ask for it .
                          750 '04 Kat (blue)

Comment

Don't forget to have them cover any after market parts too like your slip on. You should also work out a deal where you keep the bike and agree to not operate again. Then you could grab another Kat and have all the spare parts you need.
                            "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                            JOHN 16:33

Comment

Ya know I didn't say it before and I feel like a heel. Hope you Heal up fast and Wish you luck on your next bike. Let's keep the shiney side up this time.

http://www.easttnriders.com

Comment

Working...
                              X