X

My first GSX750-F Project

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first GSX750-F Project

Hi there, i bought my 89 GSX750f late summer last year, rode it in all weathers everywhere, now i came to MOT it early this year and it failed quite miserably, so why stop at just fixing it for its mot, and after speaking on another thread ive decided to strip it back to frame and clean/repair while i rebuild, so what was a fix for passing its mot, has now evolved into a full stripdown, clean and rebuild! wish me luck

When i Bought it :

After i started stripping it :

Good luck

Just got one myself as a project its a cat c write off so wasn't pretty and doing the same

Found the few questions i've asked answered from very helpful friendly people here
    Still finding my way around the site but lots of info for your build

If i can be of any help give me a shout just down the road from you i'm near Glossop

Comment

So, apparently i started this thread 3 years ago, time flies when your not riding your bike ........

Anyway, successfully got the bike started after sitting, and got past the seized engine and dodgy wiring from its previous owner.

Now only thing on the agenda is to fix the fuel system, floats sticking, carbs flooding petrol everywhere.

Just ordered petcock service kit, new fuel line and clips. also, getting the carbs off this weekend to give the float bowls a good clean!.. Looking forward, does anyone know where i can find a reasonably priced kit for repairing brake calipers front and back ( seals and whatnot ) that is either in the UK or has cheap shipping to the UK, im struggling to find anything that isnt ridiculously overpriced.

Will post photos soon and let you know how its going

Comment

sooo, i need some help from the KAT Gods, no matter what i seem to do, carbs wont seem to stop puking fuel when i turn it over, ive followed the manual and videos, set my float height, replaces seals and float needle etc.. im at a loss, if anyone has any ideas they will be massively appreciated.

Comment

Are u sure they flooding and dumping out of the vent tubes? You never mentioned replacing the float bowl gaskets. When the flatten out they can dump a surprising amount of fuel
          Last edited by maniac1886; 03-10-2017, 01:28 PM.
          My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
          2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Here is an update, i replaced the float bowl seal, and float needle. currently they only leak on reserve and prime but not on run. perhaps need a little more adjustment. it runs ok on 'run' but cuts out eventually, making me think that the engine is not getting fuel in run but simply draining the float bowl?

Worst case scenario, are there any slightly newer carbs that are a straight swap for my 89 gsx750f's?
            Last edited by Danhutch; 03-11-2017, 10:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
            X