Lifting the bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifting the bike

Hey guys

Is there any way to safely lift the rear of the bike without a bike stand or a center stand? My kat is lowered and I've never been able to get it on the center stand, and I'd prefer to avoid dropping $50-60 on a rear stand if I can.

Tree + ratchet-strap . Or un-lower the bike .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

maybe a bit obvious, but are you trying to get it on the center stand properly? i know i had a crazy time trying to get it on the center stand the first time until i saw this video and it all seemed so easy after that.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDNqCMNau9A"]YouTube- NB's F6550GS - How to Put the Motorcycle on the Centerstand[/ame]
      2004 Katana
      GO OWLS!!!

Comment

Drive the bike onto some blocks of wood (2x8s?) and then try the centerstand?

Comment

Originally posted by SilentTJ View Post
          maybe a bit obvious, but are you trying to get it on the center stand properly? i know i had a crazy time trying to get it on the center stand the first time until i saw this video and it all seemed so easy after that.
          I spent a good amount of trying after seeing similar videos, didn't have any luck.

Originally posted by paul.miner View Post
          Drive the bike onto some blocks of wood (2x8s?) and then try the centerstand?
          This sounds dangerous, but I might try it.

Comment

put a jack under the rear knuckle.....and put jack stands on the rear portion of the engine cradle...ill send pics if needed

Comment

Pics would be nice, not sure which parts are the rear knuckle and the engine cradle

Comment

Working...
              X