X

89 1100 F question about petcock

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 1100 F question about petcock

This bikes petcock isn't equiped with a prime,on and reserve selection? Only prime and on? Fuel gauge replaces the res function?

I was under the impression that it was on and reserve, and prime was a special screwdriver adjustment option on it...

But then I don't have an 1100 petcock anywhere to look at directly. Could have sworn someone has mentioned that prior though...

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

It is either on On, or Prime. Set with a screw driver.

On, if working correctly will allow fuel to the carbs when vacumn is present.

Prime, will allow fuel to the carbs all the time.

And yes, the gauge takes care of the Res position. When you get to red, at most you will have 40 or so miles to empty. And on the 1100 empty is empty...
      "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

I went over to the kids house this am to look at the petcock cause he said it was short. No knob at all. just a straight slot with 2 positions primary and on. I was surprised...kind of. What if the electric gauge quits....OOPS of to the dealer right. Is this something peculiar to this bike (1100) only. Anyways I hope the vacuum diaphram works for normal running. Good flow out of the pri position. No kit needed.

Comment

Considering the fact that almost no bikes have fuel gauges now, and just an idiot light, be thankful for the gauge. They are hard to find on motorcycles.

Comment

I'm an old guy...I like the old way.....put it on reserve and look for gas & keep the electricity outta the loop

Comment

Working...
            X