X

Bike VS Car

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike VS Car

well, on another forum i frequent, there has been a small debate started on bikes vs cars as far as performance goes. so of course i had to make the statement that no street legal car on the road is going to comapre to any one of todays "superbikes"

so then one guy busts out with this video:

its a big dl (45MB), but it is a very good video, and i must say i was impressed with that car, unfortunately it did nothing except back up my arguments even more...
    " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

No vid.

Comment

Check out the linky I posted.... re the Ariel Atom

I've seen one actually around here in the NW... SOOO SICK!

And yes, it could toast a lot of bikes around a track for what I believe are three large reasons.

1. Power-to-weight ratio is very close to a bikes
      2. Stability in turns on 4 wheels instead of 2
      3. Braking power of 4 wheels (deeper into turns)

Comment

Try this link http://www.openwheelers.com.au/video...ll_segment.mpg
        R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

That one works.. Ive seen that one before..

Comment

anyone ever see SERVIN IT UP??? darius's 240z datson whoops an r1 and the car all it has is a ls1 i think thats supercharged pushen about 9 psi i think, and prob is stroked as well and might have cames i can really tell but it whoops an r1's ass and its quite street leagal, now can it turn i dont think so but does one hell of a dough nut

Comment

thanks for link katman. i just copied the post and didnt know the link wouldnt work.
              " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

I think the most important question, is "How does a Katana stand up against say, a Crown Victoria or a Chevy Impala" *evil grin*

Comment

my parents have a crown vic.. so I'll let ya know

Comment

Ooooh I want one!!!! Anyone know if they are street legal here in the states? I wonder about the crash tests. I don't think I'd want to get hit by a cell phone wielding, kid yelling, make up putting on, fast food eating, Soccer Mom in an Excursion while waiting for a light to change. Granted I wouldn't want to encounter that on my Katana either
                    92 Katana 600, Full Jardine Exhaust.

Welcome to Florida, 11 Curves in 318 Miles

Comment

Originally posted by Crackshot
                      I think the most important question, is "How does a Katana stand up against say, a Crown Victoria or a Chevy Impala" *evil grin*
                      I dunno, but my Kat stomped my friend's Pontiac Grand Am. She mentioned she was following me somewhere and said she was gonna run me over ... I said "If you can catch me"

she couldn't
                      Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Nice Guy
                        Ooooh I want one!!!! Anyone know if they are street legal here in the states? I wonder about the crash tests. I don't think I'd want to get hit by a cell phone wielding, kid yelling, make up putting on, fast food eating, Soccer Mom in an Excursion while waiting for a light to change. Granted I wouldn't want to encounter that on my Katana either
                        I'm fairly certain they are legal everywhere provided A) The flashers have been removed and B) It has at most one headlight at the base of the windshield. I know a lot of cab companies use old police cruisers, and you can get them at police auctions for cheap.

Comment

Working...
                        X