Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wassssup everybody, i'm a new member, 30 yrs old. bought a 2003 kat 4 yrs ago with 3000 miles for $2700. it was laid over and guy got scared and sold it to another guy who didn't keep it long and I bought it sides were primered and I drove it like that for years just because I didn't have the dough to paint it. well the time has come and I am waiting for my fairings to return to me painted. bike is black and yellow and I also just received my solo seat cowl form andy in the UK. Altho I am a little disappointed in how it attaches with only two Velcro straps. I just don't trust it, I would think at highway speeds it would come loose easily. I would've rather it came with to leather straps or a string of some sort that I could've twisted around to make it tight. any suggestions from anyone as to another way I could attach it or to make the Velcro work somehow. ive been brainstorming but some input would be much appreciated thank you!

Does the velcro go along both edges fully ( meaning left and right sides)? If they do I would not worry too much. The seat cowl is behind you and not taking full wind so probably is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by rschlegel View Post
      Does the velcro go along both edges fully ( meaning left and right sides)? If they do I would not worry too much. The seat cowl is behind you and not taking full wind so probably is ok.
      No, they go from one side to the other. I was disappointed with it. def not a very sturdy. now I hafta come up with something to attach it correctly. any ideas plz let me know
      Maybe I should get some industrial Velcro and like u said, run it the full length on both sides instead of going from one side to the other.

Comment

Working...
      X