X

Returning Kat Owner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning Kat Owner

Hello, I had 2 project katanas a awhile ago. I was here 2012-2013 but disappeared for awhile.
    pre buildup: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=123004
    post buildup: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=124033

I moved to Florida January 2013, took my Pre with me, sold it about8 months ago and bought a project BMW car to restore. I was working on getting my life back on track after moving 1300 miles away and starting a new job.

Fortunately I've been able to get back up, and I was able to buy a 2001 Katana today! Has carb issues but so did the other 2 katanas I had so nothing new there

Really cool to be back with Katriders, it's just not fun to look at other people enjoying their bikes when you know you couldn't get one at that time I'll be lurking around more

Bike has 4400 miles, paid $1600 for it. Has a couple decent upgrades already (non-engine) HID headlights, underglow, quick-connect pre-wired battery tender. I'm very happy for the price and condition that it's in

Last edited by Lykkan; 04-18-2014, 04:23 PM.

Built up Black 94 5.0 Mustang - Champagne Pearl 2001 Chrysler LHS - Canary Yellow 2001 Katana 600 - 94 F350 7.3 IDI turbo crew cab dually

Nice find. Welcome.
    "Never trust a big-butt and a smile"
    96 Katana (down) ~ 09 Kawa ER6n

Comment

For $1600?? Nice find!
      Wcome back
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Thanks

Built up Black 94 5.0 Mustang - Champagne Pearl 2001 Chrysler LHS - Canary Yellow 2001 Katana 600 - 94 F350 7.3 IDI turbo crew cab dually

Comment

never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Beautiful bike mate.
            Welcome.
            - Purplehaze
            All-Black 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 (Click for pictorial fun!)

Comment

Beautiful and a genuine steal! Welcome to KR!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Welcome back looking forward to watching the carb fix

Comment

4400 miles? better make sure those aren't the original tires .

Congrats on the new ride, Love the look of the black windscreen.
                  Kyle

Comment

If F stands for fuel then everything is okay. There was oil/gas in the air box and it was dripping out of the cylinder boots. Good sign the o-rings in the carbs are shot from sitting. Probably going to add oil then run it for a bit and change oil/filter again to get rid of the fuel

Originally posted by woobie View Post
                    4400 miles? better make sure those aren't the original tires .

Congrats on the new ride, Love the look of the black windscreen.
                    If the original tires were "MACADAM" brand, then yes, they are the factory tires lol. I'll put some continentals on it before too long. Paint/powder coat the wheels and rear swingarm black

edit: buildup thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...27#post2320227
                    Last edited by Lykkan; 04-22-2014, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X