Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Katrider

Hey guys,
    Excited to be part of KatRiders!
    I have had my 2000 750 for about two years now and i am attempting a B-12 swap...any little things i should know before i dive in?
    I have the engine already....1999 out of a Bandit, it is engine and tranny only...no carbs, wiring, or cdi.
    I plan to use all my stuff off the 750. I am buying a B-12 DynoJet stage 3 jet kit.
    I have pod filters, dyna 2000 cdi system, and an aftermarket slipon. (all from the 750)
    I know there will be stuff i have overlooked or didn't think about....lol
    always! I have read many threads on this site along the way and most have helped.
    Any tips will be greatly appreciated!
    Cheers!!

-Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Welcome to KR!
      sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
      1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
      2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
      First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
      Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Thanks steves,
        I didnt see the link to the threads about the b-12 swap at the bottom of the page last time. There was some good info there.
        Much appreciated!

Comment

Welcome to KR!! This is an awesome community. Very helpful

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Thanks guys, glad to be here!

So stupid question time.....
              I am using my old carbs out of my 2000 750. (BSR36SS)
              I need to bump up my Mid-Jet (Starter Jet) from a 50 to a 60.
              This is what a stock B-12 runs.
              I assume I would be using a "main-jet" sized to 60 and drop it in the Mid-Jet location correct?
              There are no listings to buy starter or Mid-Jets.

Comment

Welcome to KR!!...

Comment

Welcome to KR!....... good luck with the build.
                  sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                  ------------------------------------------
                  89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                  96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Welcome and good luck! Keep us posted on your progress

Comment

Welcome to kr! It might be helpful to post your mechanical questions in its proper place. You will probably get more answers.

Comment

welcome!
                        sigpic
                        2006 Suzuki GSX750F Katana

Comment

Welcome. I would like to see that swap done also. Good luck.
                          sigpic

Comment

Katana Steet/Strip Bike Complete

So here it is.....my 2000 Katana 750 Street & Strip.
                            Comes with a Cam'd 2001 Bandit 1200!!! Woot woot!
                            It has all the goodies.....speedo corrector, dyna 2000 ignition, k&n, gears, Full Dale Walker exhaust, Dale walker Cams, custom jet kit (used my old 750 carbs and just reset them to run a 1200), 10" stretch.....adjustable lower links....oh ya...and 2001 GSXR 1000 6 pot caliper conversion...."thanks to Kat-Riders"!! saw some one had done it on here and gave the name of the company who made the bracket, i found em and bought it....got calipers off e-bay!! so sweet!
                            I rebuilt the front forks with Race Tech's emulators and springs. big difference!!
                            Installed the tether kill switch, and i have a second rim setup with a Shinko Reactor II Drag Slick.....ready for unlimited drag racing now!
                            I was able to use all on my ignition system crank sensors everything from my 750 engine......even had to use the shifter linkage housing. i just had to add 3-4mm spacers to get clearance from the crank speed sensor as it was rubbing a bit. also BE SURE TO USE THE SHIFT PIN FROM THE 1200!! The 750 is too short and i didnt have a clutch for a bit and was getting angry until i saw the cleaned one sitting on the bench still.....dummy!

Thanks for all you guys help. This site was extremely helpful when ramming that 1200 into the Kat frame and all the stupid things that had to be tinkered with to get it to work!
                            Also i figured out a few things with the shifter linkages and what not that will work alot better than some of the other posts had.

I will also try to help anybody else that wants to do the Bandit swap! Have a look at the pics and email me with any questions you have. I love this Sh*t!!
                            [email protected]
                            Worth every penny!!!

I am looking for the Katana solo cowl, if anybody is getting rid of one let me know.

Here is the link to my photo gallery.
                            Let me know what you think.
                            Cheers!!

Last edited by Kat-the-Ripper; 04-11-2014, 03:01 PM. Reason: Added Pics!

Comment

Welcome! Thank you for all the B-12 tips and Youtube vids!
                              Last edited by 01 FLAKE 600; 02-05-2015, 05:14 AM. Reason: ...

Comment

Working...
                              X