X

DIY -- Installing Illumiglo Guages w/ pics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcmahonm
    That looks great, does anyone know were KS got them from originally. I have seen a few advertised, but man I like those ones the best.

I got them from Speedee who got them on flea bay
    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

Comment

StreetRacerParts.com is your one stop shop for all you motorcycle and Car, Truck, & SUV accessory needs and wants. We carry such accessories as: Glow Gauges, Illumiglo Gauges, Clear LED Taillights with Integrated Turn Signals, LED Underlighting, Flushmount Turn Signals, White Face AC HVAC Panels
      2000 Katana 750

Comment

looks cool

Comment

Does anybody know where to find these without the Kanji on them? I don't really care the Kanji on the tach and the Neutral indicator section.
          -2005 Katana GSX750F ***SOLD***
          -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

RideGear.com (I keep shooting, but they won't DIE!)

Comment

Where did you get the orange needles from?

Comment

It's not clear to me what does the analog or digital inverter do...
              Can you make the white face glow instead of the numbers or what?

I search all over, there are no definitions of what it does ...

Comment

I received my kit!! I'm so happy!

I got that with it, looks different than what you talked about...
                There are no manuals with it, anyone knows what this do?

Must have to do with adjustments but I'm curious to really know even before finishing repainting my needles and setup the whole thing...
                What does this thing really do???
                Attached Files

Comment

lol!

I have NO idea what that it, but that pic is worth 6 words, "WTF is this thing?!"
                  Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                  18v Rigid Drill
                  Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
                  New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Okay the install is done, the buttons are to play with the colors a bit, make the red dissapear, change the blue to green, change the intensity... stuff like that.
                    I'll try to show you.

Comment

Ok, just an FYI for anyone doing this mod.

I hooked up the power for the gauges to the harness for the 3rd eye...BAD IDEA.

That Power loop is on the same loop and the turn signals, so if your signals are on, the lights on the dash will dim then get brighter in unison with your turn signals.

Better Idea:

Use the plug on the right side frame tube that isn't being used for anything. The Orange wire is switched power and the black with white tracer is your ground.
                      Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                      18v Rigid Drill
                      Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
                      New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

ok i'm in the process of changing gauges and when i tested it the speedo, tach and fuel level are all wrong...so how do i fix it???? (i would have searched but im losing daylight and dont have time to read thru each thread)
                        thanks

Comment

Did you take of the needles? If so, did you put them back on in the exact same place? Are you sure you have the right gauges?
                          Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                          -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                          -Terence

Comment

Originally posted by brooder View Post
                            Did you take of the needles? If so, did you put them back on in the exact same place? Are you sure you have the right gauges?
                            yea i took the needles off (didnt see how to put the gauges on with them)...i THOUGHT i put the needles back in the same place but i guess with my 45min struggle to get them off the adjusted somehow. when i turn the ignition on the speedo needle goes to about 25mph and stays there and when i turn the bike on the tach goes to 2k and up from there and when i turn the bike off all the needles go to the black rest thing on the bottom....yes i have the right gauges

Comment

i did the same thing so i plugged it in turned the key on then put the needles back on at zero. seems to have worked. ill find out when i ride.
                              Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
                              www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Working...
                              X