REVIEW: Tour Master Flex Textile/Mesh Pants - $152.99

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REVIEW: Tour Master Flex Textile/Mesh Pants - $152.99

NewEnough.com:
    The Flex pants are a textile/mesh hybrid. This is truly a pair of pants that can be transformed for any riding conditions from the very hot to the very cold...

Just ordered these on Monday, and they arrived today, with free shipping. Overall, looks like a killer pair of convertible pants. Two removable liners: one is insulated for cold weather, one is lined for waterproofing. There are also huge textile panels that wrap around the pants that are removable, exposing mesh below.

I've only gotten to ride with them for about 45 minutes, but they were awesome. It's still around 90 degrees here in Texas, so I wore them with no other pants under them, with both liners removed. It was extremely cool. I didn't sweat at all, as far as I noticed, although I tend to sweat a lot naturally. There ws plenty of airflow, and the armor was great. I'm really looking forward to wearing them to work tomorrow!

What follows is the entire unboxing process...

Here's how they look straight out of the box. If you look closely, you might be able to detect where the reflective strips are at.

...and here they are opened up front. You can see the insulated liner, as well as the mesh up front.

For some reason I couldn't get a good shot of the liner...

Notice that on both liners, there are two snaps at the bottom. These attach to a loop at the bottom of the pants, so they don't ride up at all. Also, notice that the right one is red, and the left one is gray. Easy to remember, and they're both done the same way.

Here is *one* of the textile panels removed. I wanted to show how big they are, so you can get an idea how much comes off when you remove them. From the website, it looked like only a very little portion comes off, but that is definitely not the case. This is one panel by itself, so you can imagine how much mesh is exposed when you remove the panels, and how much cooler you'll be without them.

Finally, here they are actually being worn. and quit lookin' at my gut - I'm workin' on it! :P

Summary:
    Great pants for hot, cool, cold, or wet weather. A little on the pricey side for textile pants, but these should be really great under almost any condition. CE rated armor, full length zippers on the outside of the legs, plus 8" zipper in back to attach to your jacket. If your jacket doesn't have the matching zipper, both halves are included so a tailor can sew in the top half of the zipper to your jacket. Armor is adjustable, and they're totally comfortable.

Great armor, good weather protection, good price for the quality. These are my pick, after I did a bit of shopping. Great fit, great looks, great protection from the weather *and* the road.

I've got a pair of Tourmaster textile pants and a Tourmaster Jett jacket as well. I find they are a great deal for the money.
    00 Katana 750

Comment

Working...
    X