X
X

Pre-kat wiring diagram color coded

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black with white stripe is your ground. Pretty much always on all skoots. The extra pair of wires (probably brown and black with white stripe) is usually for running lights in front if you swap out your signals for ones with dual filament bulbs and 3 wires. This wire should be hot when you turn the key on, same circuit as your tail light. Just wiping the wire down will let ya see what color it originally was under the dirt and goo.
    99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
    1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
    '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
    Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Originally posted by flcmbt View Post
      So I had a lot of trouble finding a good wiring diagram that didn't make me want to throw myself into oncoming traffic, all the ones I found the lines just blurred together, and the only one I found that had colors on it, was horribly undersized to read clearly. So here is a pre kat 750 wiring diagram I reworked for those of us that have trouble reading and making sense of the diagrams. Hope it helps

This is the best so far,
      i still cant seem to find out what the deal is here which is the main power for the tail light/dash lights, the brown one right?? theres just one that pretty much brings power too the running lights/lic plate and gauge cluster right?
      Last edited by 02TrickFlowGT; 11-25-2011, 06:58 PM.

Comment

where is this ignition switch block?? i needa check that brown wire there i think

Comment

Just from thename you threw out I would say it is the ignition on the triple tree.
          1992- project katfighter
          2005- GSXR750
          2001- TL1000R
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
          www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
            Just from thename you threw out I would say it is the ignition on the triple tree.
            i guess that sounds like a stupid question but the way it loked on the diagram was that it was a fairily regular looking block, but i didnt see any thing like that there so figured that wouldnt be that easy

Comment

brown is the tail light circuit, live all the time when the ignition is on or in "park".
              99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
              1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
              '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
              Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

I have been looking in all the books and have not been able to find one wiring diagram for the 88 California kat 600 I just bought one and am tryin to get everything running good and lookin good but it's hard just lookin with no schematic
                Any help will be much appreciated
                Already looked thru all the wiki diagrams none labeled 88 kat600

Comment

They are all pretty much the same, and I think there is one labeled 89 here that should work.

Comment

Just wanted to say Hi!!! I'm new to this forum and I own a custom hard tail katana 600 stroked to a 750 with forward controls 1up 5down
                    Now I'm having a nightmare of an issue, I'm killing batteries on a regular basis and I never did before, an aquaintance of mine pulled everything out of the wiring canister and disconnected several wires, after getting the bike to run I noticed I'm killing batteries now, I don't have a separate rectifier and I honestly don't know what year the motor is, it's custom vin'd and its only got a fuse box and a control box the harness plugs into, it's carbureted and it runs phenomenally when fully charged, just can't keep a charge now, don't know how to identify the proper year and don't know what's missing
                    I was told at house of motorcycles that my bike doesn't come equipt with a rectifier, I'm Lost please help, I'd really like to fix this and ride it instead of selling it to curb my misery,
                    Could someone direct me where to post this if its in an innaproporiate spot please, thank you in advance for any feedback!!!

Comment

Also, is there a way to tell what year the ignitor is?

Comment

Working...
                      X