X

Sportbike Tire Shootout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sportbike Tire Shootout

I have been raving about how awesome the Conti Sport Attack tires are, looks like they agree with me. I have them on both of my bikes and they're outstanding tires.

2007 Honda CBR600rr
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
    sigpic

I've only run Metzelers (2 sets) and the stock Michelins on my Kat. Your 14 came with Bridgestone Battlax's stock?

Comment

Great Post! This takes most of the bias out of the ever popular tire question.

Go Conti's!
      Currently Riding:
      1995 Katana 600
      V&H Exhaust
      Jet Kit

SOLD
      2003 SV650S - Orange Comet Project
      1987 XV700 Bobber
      REPO'D - 2004 Harley XL1200R

“Ill Keep Freedom, My Guns, & My Money, You Keep The Change

Comment

hmm. i may have to post pone tire buying so i can go for the conti's instead of the dunlops i was planning on getting, save up another hundred bucks.

Comment

I have the Diablo Rosso's currently and I like them a loooooot. However, I don't rail extremely hard on them either. I'm curious as to how many miles they will last.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Yeah I have the metz z6 roadtec's on myne. I daily commute on myne so a pure sports tire would be just silly (and have a flat spot in no time). I wish they would do a similar comparison on the sports touring tires (including a realistic est milage).
            Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Originally posted by HexKrak View Post
              Yeah I have the metz z6 roadtec's on myne. I daily commute on myne so a pure sports tire would be just silly (and have a flat spot in no time). I wish they would do a similar comparison on the sports touring tires (including a realistic est milage).
              I am King Sam

--I have a wedgie!
              --It's a thong, just relax and accept the string.

Comment

tires

conti road attacks, running real well

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, beer in one hand, cigarette in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WHO HOO what a ride"

Comment

Tires, like bikes are good or bad deppending how you use them, each has his ups and downs, the trick is to get the tires that best suit the way YOU drive. there is no such thing as the best tires, there is the best tires for you and your bike
                  Too old to dream, too young to reason...
                  I am fond of my rough edges.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X