X

Good deal on Avon Azaro ST AV45

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good deal on Avon Azaro ST AV45

I found this on another forum and wanted to pass it along.

JP Cycle is running a special on the Avon Azaro's ST AV45

The 120/70/17 front's are 39.99 and about $10 to ship. I know it's not the Z6's that everyone loves so much but it's hard to beat for the price. They don't have any 150/70/17's for the rear that I could find.

here's the link

That's a sweet deal! 120/70/17 and 160/60/17 shipped to CA for less than 110 bucks?!?!?!

At that price I might just try a set.
    2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
    BMC Notorious 918 HT
    2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Wow!!!

Can't beat that, so I didn't. New tires ordered.
      How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
      How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
      How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
      How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Same here!
        BMC Notorious 918 HT
        2007 GSXR 750

Comment

I remember Goonies well.

And Josh Brolin playing El Presidente.

Comment

Just keep in mind that if these tires actually exist, they have been sitting somewhere for a couple of years, as the Azaro was replaced by the Storm in early 07 IIRC.
            Pics
            Pics
            No pics yet
            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
              Just keep in mind that if these tires actually exist, they have been sitting somewhere for a couple of years, as the Azaro was replaced by the Storm in early 07 IIRC.
              I've been wondering that after I made the purchase. I'll look at the numbers when I get them and post up. I received an email from the store stating the tires are shipped.

Comment

As long as they were stored in a warehouse out of the sun, I have no problem using a tire that's a couple of years old. I'd be concerned when you start going past 5 years old.

On the forum where i found this someone had bought several tires from this vendor about 18 months ago and they were an 05 date code. My guess would be their remaining stock will be 05 and newer. Since we just started 09 figure three years old or less.

Comment

I worked in a tire shop back in HS. I remember having to store the tires off the concrete floor because it would draw the natural moisture out of the rubber.

I agree, as long as they are properly stored, there should not be an issue. I think people would be surprised at the date codes on some tires when they are bought new. It's not like you order a tire and they make it just for you.
                  BMC Notorious 918 HT
                  2007 GSXR 750

Comment

I got an email from JP Cycles saying the tires should be delivered by Friday, 1/9.

Comment

DAMN good price . But I ran those tires years ago , and was less then impressed . Well , maybe I should rephrase ..... I liked them , until I tried a set of Pirelli's . Then I realized how much I DIDN'T like the AV44/45 . But again , REAL hard to argue that price for some .....
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

From what I've read, the Azarro's are the same compound just a little different tread pattern than the Storm's. My Storm's gave me good mileage and, considering they are a sport TOURING tire, good grip.
                        I ordered a set of these Azarro's because, as noted, you can't beat the price. I'm a little concerned about the age of the tire since Azzaro's haven't been available in the size I ordered for quite a while.
                        Shipping is quick, UPS's site says I'll have them Monday. That's only about a week after my order. Shipping was also cheap, $8 for both tires. Total under $110 for both tires shipped. Less than the cost of one Storm rear tire without shipping.

Comment

My tires showed up yesterday. The date code on the rear is 0206 and the front is 2406. So the rear is Jan 06 and the front is Jun 06. Works for me.

Comment

Not bad at all for the price. Hope you enjoy them.
                            Pics
                            Pics
                            No pics yet
                            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I received mine today. JP Cycles even put them in seperate boxes.

My rear tire shows the date of 2805, so it's about 6.5 months older than Doc, 28th week of 2005. The front is 0206, second week of 2006.

They also included the whole Parts Unlimited street catalog in one of the boxes.

Comment

Working...
                              X