Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Roadsmart? Anyone riden them enough to give a review?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadsmart? Anyone riden them enough to give a review?

I can't seem to keep myself from the search for the latest and greatest, so...

Has anyone put any miles on the Dunlop Roadsmarts? I have been looking at Magazine reviews on them, and they look promising, but that rarely equates to the real world. Has anyone put a couple thousand miles on them yet to give opinions, and what can you compare them to?

For those not in the know: high silica content for wet traction, dual compound on the rear (first for Dunlop), 0 degree jointless belt, and I don't know what else. Reviewers seemed to really like them in the rain. Comparison between them, the BT021, and the PR2, left the Roadsmarts on top. Comspicuously missing from the comparos are the big players like the Z6, the Strada's, the Road Attacks.
    Pics
    Pics
    No pics yet
    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

i thought the same thing..ive liked the articles in CW and thought about tying a set for the team...
    “What you own is your own kingdom
    What you do is your own glory
    What you love is your own power
    What you live is your own story” -Niel Peart

Comment

cool somethink that i can input

i put one the rear end of June and have about 5k on it now, and i can just get my fingernail to the wear marker in the center. i do a good bit of rain riding as in if I'm riding it's going to rain. holds corners pretty solid even in the rain. doesn't take long to warm and get grippy but then my first 6 miles every day is str8 roads but it hugs the 35 mph chicane after that damn good have taken it at 65 w/o getting lose. put at least 100 miles a day on it back roads
      w/ loads gnarly rough asphalt. so it's workin for me and appears like it's going to hold up pretty well if a nail at work doesn't get it first.
      Last edited by cazualty5; 08-12-2008, 08:08 PM. Reason: ya i only made b's in english lol

Comment

Good stuff. I may try a set out next time tires come due.
        Pics
        Pics
        No pics yet
        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I just put a set of these on tonight... I will try to remember to post up my two cents once I have put a few miles on them. I'll be breaking them in this weekend with at least 500 miles round trip to the AMA Superbike races (just to watch of course!)
          2000 Katana 600 (Sold )
          2008 GSXR 600

Comment

ok here's my got at reviewing these roadsmarts got a total of 14320 miles out of them running hard. only got losse once after i put them on pulling a lowside turn only time i even felt any give. good solid compund keep the air good no problems w/ staying stable.
            daily loads about 300lbs rider and baggage. rode it all the way to the bottom of the groves in center and still has meat on the sides 3" patch in middle flat from long runnin.
            130. bucks not bad as this is the only tire they keep in this size at the local shop over in lakeland
            just my 2 cents happy enough but would like to see better milage for long flat runnin that i do daily

Comment

second about to be replaced in another 1000 miles or so if it dont rain lol 13600 currently on tire

Comment

Sounds like a pretty decent life span. I put a set on the kat right about the same time I stopped riding it. I definitely liked them, although they seemed really vague for the first 500 miles or so.
                Pics
                Pics
                No pics yet

Comment

I have a set on mine, only have a few hundred miles on it but so far theyve ridden great. Cant really complain.

Comment

Working...
                  X