X

Replacement fairings???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement fairings???

Does anyone know where to find a full set of replacement fairings fo the 06 750? How difficult is it to replace them?

Ronayers, BikeBandit are your best places for replacement fairings. However unlike the Pre 98's, us 98+ Owners have no aftermarket options open to us right now- and with teh Katana out of production i don't see it happening anytime soon.

BTW, Replacing all the Fairing with new units will run you right around 1200 bucks USD Just to give ya a heads up. One Main Fairing is almost 400 bucks.

Comment

Check Ebay - someone in China I think is selling complete fairing kits new for under $400 US. Actually I think one of the members here is in the process of installing the same kit.
      2000 Katana 600
      2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

see this thread:
        KatRiders.com conversations about Suzuki Katanas
        and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.

Link to the seller on ebay:

Actually replacing the fairings once you get them is fairly easy, there is a great write-up here:
        A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
        mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.
        2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Try www.cheapcycleparts.com. I saved quite a bit through them on turn signals, engine case covers and stuff. But the cheapest way would more than likely be ebay. If the parts are not too bad you may want to consider just fixing them. It's a lot easier than you think and then you can kick a custom color of your choice. As for how hard it will be to put the parts on, it is a cake walk. A few hex head screws and the occaisional phillips head. In my opinion the worst part is those dumb push pins under the front nose piece. I always have to replace them.

Comment

Originally posted by parkze View Post
            Try www.cheapcycleparts.com. I saved quite a bit through them on turn signals, engine case covers and stuff. But the cheapest way would more than likely be ebay. If the parts are not too bad you may want to consider just fixing them. It's a lot easier than you think and then you can kick a custom color of your choice. As for how hard it will be to put the parts on, it is a cake walk. A few hex head screws and the occaisional phillips head. In my opinion the worst part is those dumb push pins under the front nose piece. I always have to replace them.
            www.cheapcycleparts.com I bought a gasket kit from them, paid 160. everyone else wanted 180 to 245. all there parts were cheaper.
            Life is what happens, when you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

Replacing the fairings is very easy
              It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

ebay

Comment

Definitely eBay.

Comment

Working...
                  X