X

Prep

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prep

Ok so I got all my stuff primed and now I see all the small imperfections. I want to take everything back down to the plastic so I can use a filler. Is it ok to use a DA sander , if so what grits? Also I know filler is generic term for bondo but what kind do,I need ?

I just got done sanding all my body panels down to bare plastic. I had TONS of paint so I started with a 60 grit on the DA and went to an 80 grit when I hit plastic. Little tap with a 220 grit and all is fine and smooth on mine.

Comment

Like what kind of imperfections? If its mostly miner stuff, trying sanding your primer with some 220 or 320 by hand and see how it looks. Some primers fill really well, and it just takes a little sanding to smooth everything out. If its a total re-do, I don't see a reason to go below 180 to take it back down.
      If it aint broke fix it till it is

Comment

It's showing some low spots on the nose piece that I have tried over and over to fill with building primer. Just lots and lots of low spots all over that I couldn't see before the primer.

Comment

Working...
        X