Post 750 shock options?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aaron-71 View Post
    Tmod,

I never realized that you did suspension rebuilding yourself... figured it was just a hobby or something that you did for katrider members... until I saw your website.

Maybe this discussion isn't for this thread, but what have you charged others in the past to rebuild a post 750 shock (ball-park figure is all I'm looking for. I know it's dependent on what would need to be changed out once you get it apart)?

If I don't have to send a shock to Racetech, I likely won't. It'd be nice to get the work done by someone on this forum, someone who have proven they know what they're doing, and ultimately, someone who I can keep in contact with (and already know).

Edit: Just noticed too that Racetech is one of your partners on your site. Not sure of your relationship to them, but it'd be interesting to hear it explained.
    I am currently working for Race Tech but will be leaving in 7 working days, I did suspension prior to being hired on at RT. I still had them as a partner from prior years before I had actually worked for Race Tech. As far as charging that would be something I would discuss via PM but I do things a bit different then Race Tech does.

Tmod

Comment

Originally posted by Tmod View Post
      I am currently working for Race Tech but will be leaving in 7 working days, I did suspension prior to being hired on at RT. I still had them as a partner from prior years before I had actually worked for Race Tech. As far as charging that would be something I would discuss via PM but I do things a bit different then Race Tech does.

Tmod
      Sorry to hear that you're leaving, but there must be a good reason for it. Are you still going to continue working on suspension parts once you're gone?
      2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
      - Aaron

Comment

Sorry to hear that you're leaving, but there must be a good reason for it. Are you still going to continue working on suspension parts once you're gone?
        It was my choice as I am moving out of state and heading north. I will still stay involved with suspension after I leave.

Tmod

Comment

I'm actually planning on buying Redhawk's 750 shock because I'm EXTREMELY unsatisfied with my current 600 shock (which is likely shot because of all the 2-up riding I've done)... and the fact that I'm 220 pounds by myself (without riding gear).

I also never knew that this forum got us any sort of discounts! That's awesome!

I should really become a supporting member... this forum has a lot to give!
          Good luck with your shock. Make sure it is worked on by someone that knows Kats.
          Last edited by rschlegel; 04-24-2014, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rschlegel View Post
            Good luck with your shock. Make sure it is worked on by someone that knows Kats.
            Yeah for sure. I won't want just some random person working on my bike parts.

Too bad Tmod is moving fairly soon... My shock might follow him around if he allows it haha.

Would all of the fellas at Racetech know about our Kats? Or was it just Tmod that did our suspension work? Anyone have any experience on this?
            Last edited by Aaron-71; 04-25-2014, 11:47 AM.
            2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
            - Aaron

Comment

Working...
            X