Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

my bike shuts off when the choke is pulled.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my bike shuts off when the choke is pulled.

my bike shuts off when the choke is pulled. the cable works fine i can see the carb part moving fine. please help.

it means the bike dont need the choke

Comment

Originally posted by Sin
      +1

Choke is a misnomer on the Kats -- it's a fuel enrichment circuit that opens up additional fuel dumps into the carbs. This is only needed in cold weather the help get a cold engine running reliably (spinning up, moving oil around). As you're currently in summer weather, you shouldn't need any significant choke (or any choke) even when the engine is cold. This will probably change as the year stretches on and the weather starts dropping into the 50's and lower.

If the bike has been rejetted on the rich side, it may not need choke down to far colder temps than a regular "stock" Kat would.

You may also want to note that the choke control isn't an on-off switch, but an infinitely variable slider -- this is so you can add just a little choke if needed at time of start-up.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Sin
        +2..

Comment

My kat shuts off too when i pull the choke lever towards the bottom. What could this mean, as far as potential problems? I have been riding around with it all the way up

Comment

Originally posted by josepaz2
            My kat shuts off too when i pull the choke lever towards the bottom. What could this mean, as far as potential problems? I have been riding around with it all the way up
            It would run too rich in the fuel/air mixture ratio. Probably resulting in additional carbon build-up. I'd throw 1/3 of a bottle of Techron in for each of the next 3 fill-ups.

Comment

My bike cuts off if I just pull the choke. I have to rev it up a bit and engage the choke, or just engage it before I start the bike. I always use it for a few seconds when I am starting the bike to. Should I stop doing this?
              Roops Photography|facebook|
              03 GSXR 1000
              04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
              Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

My bike cuts off if I just pull the choke. I have to rev it up a bit and engage the choke, or just engage it before I start the bike. I always use it for a few seconds when I am starting the bike to. Should I stop doing this?
                Roops Photography|facebook|
                03 GSXR 1000
                04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
                Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

Originally posted by profroopchan
                  Try this...no choke, but crack the throttle about 1/8" and hit the starter. I'll bet she'll turn right over, but remember to hold around 2,000 RPM for 20-30 seconds before letting her idle (~1250 RPM).

Comment

Originally posted by profroopchan
                    In the heat wave the eastern US is experiencing, yes. Save it for when the weather drops down below 60 degrees...

Try what FloridaKat posted -- should do ya...

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I had the same problem with putting the choke on I just hold the throttle to start and it seems to work.
                      "Wait you are hitting me for something I might do"

Comment

Man goes into a dr's office and says "doc , it hurts when I do this" , doc says "then don't DO that."
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

"Wait you are hitting me for something I might do"

Comment

then the guy says "But I like it when it hurts doc, whats wrong with me?"

Thats the modern times version of the joke. :P

Comment

so you dont need to use the choke everytime you start the bike? Sorry for sounding new but I am.

Comment

Working...
                              X