X

Fender Eliminator for the pre 98's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Eliminator for the pre 98's

Me and a buddy of mine were sitting around and thought, hey, why don't we go out into the shop and make a fender eliminator for my 91 katana. we got ingenious and started cutting plastic. and this is what became of it. I would be willing to make a bunch of these if there is enough interest in it(for those who are to lazy to do it them selves. I don't know how much I would charge for them, so you guys would have to give me an idea on a reasonable price.
    Yeah, I know I didn't get all of the fender off, but hey, I was excited to get it on there.

Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.

did you make a bracket to screw the license plate to or did you just leave enough 'fender' to screw in the license plate?
    Roops Photography|facebook|
    03 GSXR 1000
    04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
    Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

I made a bracket. it uses the bolt holes for the rear side plastics to mount it.

Comment

I"m interested on how you did this. I've been wanting to do it myself but haven't gotten around to it. If you did make some I would be willing to pay something for one most likely.

Comment

or you can just buy a creese bracket...

Comment

Where would I put the inspection sticker? Since my plate and inspection sticker share the mud flap together.

Comment

hmm have my interest keep me posted on price and avaliability...
              Life's fast so you have to be faster, ride fast and take risks...

Comment

Originally posted by mad max
                Where would I put the inspection sticker? Since my plate and inspection sticker share the mud flap together.
                if you took a picture, I could make a backing plate for both.

Comment

look good.good job

Comment

so basically here is the deal. I am going to make a couple more of these brackets this week end. but the procedure was.
                    mark where the old fender was in relation to the tail plastics. cut along the line I marked. this was the tail was still lined and I wouldn't have to be digging mud out of underneath. then I used a piece of thin angled steel and measured how far apart the bolt holes for the tail plastics were, marked and drilled holes in the angled steel then marked out plate holes. drilled holes for the plate. made little brackets that the plate bolts screw into that also retain the turn signals. then primed and painted it all. I will take mine off and take a picture of it. The version that I would probably sell would be tig welded together(I.E. brackets welded down, and nuts welded in place for ease of installation).

Comment

Turn signal indicators...

Man, that looks sharp! Any thoughts on putting the turn signals in the taillight?
                      Screw whales, Save the titties!

Comment

Re: Turn signal indicators...

Originally posted by kelly
                        Man, that looks sharp! Any thoughts on putting the turn signals in the taillight?
                        yeah, I am working on a way to do that now.

here are those pics of the brackets and where I cut.

bracket together.

bracket back

where I cut.

this is what the kit might look like (minus the turn signals.)

Comment

Any update? Are you making a batch of these or will you take seperate orders?
                          Life's fast so you have to be faster, ride fast and take risks...

Comment

...........or ...you could just buy a $20 Creese bracket. They are lightweight, stainless steel, and work GREAT on the early Kats! Just tell Chris you want one like Special K used to order - WITHOUT the turn signals tabs bent. Screws right up to those mounting holes!
                            Attached Files
                            I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
                            Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
                            Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
                            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Special K, did you integrate the turnsignals into your tailight?

Comment

Working...
                              X