X

94 Kat 600 running issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 Kat 600 running issues

hey guys, new to the forums hoping you could help me out abit. I just got a 94 Kat 600 thats been sitting awhile. Drained the fuel, put new gas in (BTW, should i be running a high octane?), changed the air filter, got new coils and boots and the plugs look fairly new. Now heres the problem, i can get the bike to fire up but im getting no throttle response, it stays around 1k rpm then will die. I adjusted the throttle screw and it seems like it wants to jump up to 3k. Now, occansionally the bike will fire, idle normally, good throttle response. When i first fired it up and revved it up a bit, little chunks of debris shoot out the tail pipe. Now its bogging and backfiring and will shut off. Any suggestions? When i pulled the air box out, i peeked in at the carbs and they seem pretty clean although I am fairly new to the concept of them and i know sometimes looks can be decieving.

any help will be appricated, thanks guys
    - 94 Kat 600 (always in the works)

spray water on exhaust pipes and you can see if you have any valves / compression / syncro carb problem on a piston.

i'd start with a full cleaning carbs.

Comment

Yup: a full carb cleaning is in order if it was sitting around for a while.
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
      Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
      R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
      1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
      RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
      3BBB turn signal mirrors,
      Black painted seat and rear trim,
      Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

carbs are clean, put new plugs in today, fired up ran great for about 10 mins then stalled. ever since wont start just backfires

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrocket View Post
          carbs are clean, put new plugs in today, fired up ran great for about 10 mins then stalled. ever since wont start just backfires
          Something too rich, flooding it out.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

got it fixed, thanks guys

btw, LEGIT cleaned the carbs and worked through the crappy gas

Comment

Working...
            X