Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

BIKE WENT DOWN AHHHH well it was not that bad.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIKE WENT DOWN AHHHH well it was not that bad.

ive got a story and I am for it. I came out of my local taco mac on saturday. I had my bike on a hill sloping slighty forward not a lot. I have had my bike ponting forward like this numerous time with the same situation. I go to my bike and take it out of gear. The nuetral light clearly indicated. The bike sat for a minute I was talking to my buddy. I go to turn on the bike and oooooo shiot!!! It started rolling forward as i started it. It started tipping over. I basicly got my whole body under the bike to save it as much as I could. It eventually got the ground but my body stopped most of the fall. No damage done just my pride. That kinda thing just makes me mad and it is my fault though for not taking the extra step for worst case scenario. Im guessing I hit a false nuetral but who knows. I took my anger out on our nightly twisties routine. Ok Im done ranting now you can go back to your lives. I will make minute donations if you need them added back your life HAHA.
    R.I.P. Jason you will be missed.

If you went to start it I'm assuming you pulled in the clutch. Then it wouldn't matter if it was in gear or in neutral, it'll roll. Also sometimes when my bike's cold and the oil is thicker, it can try to creep forward when I start it up. Barely noticeable, but it's there.
    '01 TL1000R

Comment

dont need to hold in the clutch. That was taken away since i have a ghetto choke pull. Im just guessing though it was a false nuetral. Mine really started walking forward, I would say like a foot.

Comment

Now here is someone who definately cares about his bike. Putting himself in harms way to save his companion from hitting the ground.

You're ok I assume ?

Comment

HAHA i dont care im fine...I dove under the bike to save it. Pain goes away scratches dont...well it takes more money to do that. lol

Comment

That's why I grab the front brake every time I start the bike anywhere but home (different start-up routine) . Make DAMN sure that bike won't go anywehre till I'm good an ready . Lesson learned maybe ? At least you didn't scratch up nothin . Imagine how pi$$ed you'd be THEN .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
            X