• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squid in on the loose..!!

Read this short news coverage:

it is in SC

What a moron.

Comment

Darwinism will take him out of the gene pool soon enough.
      "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

it's a very sad story to read, because i know ultimently, his journey will end very, very badly .
        "Cool.... my rearviews only cost 20 bucks!"

Comment

Lets just hope his/her journey doesn't end with some innocents being hurt or killed because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time

He/she choose the life of a squid, so it's hard for me to feel much sympathy

Maybe the police will get lucky and get a tip on this person...catch them at home/work.

Wishing everyone the best... 8)

Comment

Originally posted by JoeCool
            Lets just hope his/her journey doesn't end with some innocents being hurt or killed because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time

He/she choose the life of a squid, so it's hard for me to feel much sympathy

Maybe the police will get lucky and get a tip on this person...catch them at home/work.

Wishing everyone the best... 8)
            I don't agree on being too harsh on those riders. I don't agree either on what they do. They might be a teenager who doesn't know what he is doing, or it might be someone who needs a role model.
            We all did stupid things when we were teenagers, and being a squid is nothing but riding stupidly.
            I wish that the rider will come to his mind before it is too late to hurt himself or others.

Comment

he is either going to get arrested or killed. My bet is that his luck will run out while he is trying to outrun the cops and he will wake up in a hospital with handcuffs on (if he wakes up at all). There is no excuse for that, and as long as he dosen't hurt innocent bystanders he pretty much deserves what he gets. Police have better things to do than chase people who make a hobby out of outrunning them.
              so I ride a Black kat,

... is that bad luck or somthing?

Comment

Actually, I'm torn on this whole issue. On one hand, we have a rider baiting cops (always a bad thing). But on the other hand, we have cops stupid enough to engage in a high speed chase of a rider who was pulling a wheelie (stunting with some degree of obvious skill based on the description) -- with the chase being to the detriment of the public (police officer has an accident). And based on the recent case in Florida with the cop who died chasing a biker, the entire accident would be construed to be the biker's fault, even if he was miles ahead at that instant...

Thus, IMHO, both parties are wrong. Darwinism will get the biker, unless he really is "that good" consistently (doubious). But the police are wrong to put the public's life at risk to go after him in a high speed pursuit (hey, if he appears repeatedly, get some video analysis of his bike & license plate from the cameras, and do some leg work at the local shops, biker hang-outs -- don't go John Wayne). It irks me to no end that the police often ignore the fact that a speeding biker is still much less danger to the public than a bunch of officers in pursuit mode (mostly a matter of raw physics: mass and sizes involved).

Ah well...

=-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                  Actually, I'm torn on this whole issue. On one hand, we have a rider baiting cops (always a bad thing). But on the other hand, we have cops stupid enough to engage in a high speed chase of a rider who was pulling a wheelie (stunting with some degree of obvious skill based on the description) -- with the chase being to the detriment of the public (police officer has an accident). And based on the recent case in Florida with the cop who died chasing a biker, the entire accident would be construed to be the biker's fault, even if he was miles ahead at that instant...

Thus, IMHO, both parties are wrong. Darwinism will get the biker, unless he really is "that good" consistently (doubious). But the police are wrong to put the public's life at risk to go after him in a high speed pursuit (hey, if he appears repeatedly, get some video analysis of his bike & license plate from the cameras, and do some leg work at the local shops, biker hang-outs -- don't go John Wayne). It irks me to no end that the police often ignore the fact that a speeding biker is still much less danger to the public than a bunch of officers in pursuit mode (mostly a matter of raw physics: mass and sizes involved).

Ah well...

=-= The CyberPoet

I agree. Engaging in a high-speed pursuit of this idiot is a recipe for disaster. A little leg work and police investigation should find him soon enough. And the extra man-hour costs will most likely be far lower than the lawsuits and property damage if he goads them into another chase on city streets. The cops already lost one $40,000 car. Take half that amount and work a little O.T. and you'll catch this moron within a week.
                  sigpic

Comment

OK who is the chief here?
                    Rosco P Coltrain??

A high-speed chase began. That brought in more cops. At 10th and M avenue, one of the patrol cars slammed into another vehicle.
                    I like this:
                    Lt. Simmons wants the biker arrested, "In this particular situation we'd like to catch this individual because it's unique."
                    and then what? stuff him and mount 'em in the squad room?

Police say the bike, in addition to being black, might have black primer on it. The male rider, wearing a black jacket, black pants and a black and red helmet.

Not anymore!!!
                    Red bike with black stripes (or something)..

These guys are never catching him...
                    Well If they do it will be a total accident..
                    like the stunter crashes into a doughtnut shop,
                    lands in a cop's lap and the cuffs latch on by chance....

Comment

i think he couldn't be considered a squid tho. the guy obviously knew what he was doing, but hes just an idiot. completely reckless, but it does take skill to be THAT stupid.

btw, if you havent seen it, the ghostrider series is simply funny... ghostrider 4, which just came out, shows ghostrider (black r1 i think, all black leathers and helmet) running from the motorcycle police in europe, but then he dresses up as a motorcycle cop and chases another guy on an r1... probably stupid too, but the guy is good and its interesting to watch....

Comment

i would like to say what a moron this guy is....and he is. BUT....if i was standing on the sidelines watching it all, I would be cheering him on.
                        hey....what can i say? i like a good show. especially when all involved are acting like super-heros and villians.
                        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

cops around here most times wont even go after bikes when the speeds get up around 100.. if they cant radio ahead or catch you from behind they just pull off.

Thanks again for the great publicity !!

Comment

Am I the only one that laughed when they read he probably turned around pulled and wheelie and stared at them right in the face.... I thought that was some funny sh*t.

Yeah he shouldn't be doing crap like that and someone could get hurt but come on.... how many of us have wanted to do the same thing to cops before.

Ignorant people on both sides of the picture.

just my .02

Comment

The guy's not too squidly...he was wearing a helmet.

Comment

Working...
                              X