No announcement yet.
X

tipping

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the bad part is i have only seen 1 other bike at our school and that is the disciplinarian lol he said i could park next to his (we are good friends lol) but other than that no one around here rides motorcycles to school.
    Life's fast so you have to be faster, ride fast and take risks...

Comment

Chain it to a post or something then . Yeah , I'd worry about kids doing stupid things . But I worry about ALOT of things .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by JoeCool
        Hi JJ...just depends on where your at I guess...it would really blow to have a freshly painted bike knocked over...

I park with 10-12 motorcyclists at my work right in front of a 24hr security guard...no problems ever

When I go to lunch, I park where I can see my bike...

At home it's parked on center stand attached to a Kryptonite ground anchor and chain...

When I go someplace where there is a lot of foot traffic and I can't see it...I spend a extra 20 seconds and put the bike on it's center stand.

Wish you the best...and hoping no jack-holes ever knock your or any other KR homeys bike over 8)
        i never felt the center stand was safer, its alot easier to roll the bike forward a little bit and the bike jumps right off the center stand. cant see that it would protect the bike any more than the side stand. at least if someone climbs on the bike and jumps off in a hurry the sidestand should catch the bike. with the center stand they will get on the bike might roll forward suddenly leaving them both on the ground....
        03 katanika

Comment

Originally posted by iwannadie
          Originally posted by JoeCool
          Hi JJ...just depends on where your at I guess...it would really blow to have a freshly painted bike knocked over...

I park with 10-12 motorcyclists at my work right in front of a 24hr security guard...no problems ever

When I go to lunch, I park where I can see my bike...

At home it's parked on center stand attached to a Kryptonite ground anchor and chain...

When I go someplace where there is a lot of foot traffic and I can't see it...I spend a extra 20 seconds and put the bike on it's center stand.

Wish you the best...and hoping no jack-holes ever knock your or any other KR homeys bike over 8)
          i never felt the center stand was safer, its alot easier to roll the bike forward a little bit and the bike jumps right off the center stand. cant see that it would protect the bike any more than the side stand. at least if someone climbs on the bike and jumps off in a hurry the sidestand should catch the bike. with the center stand they will get on the bike might roll forward suddenly leaving them both on the ground....

I have had lots of adults and kids sit on my bike and other bikes while on the center stand and do the craziest stuff...none of the bikes have ever rolled forward or fallen...

I have seen bikes on side stands and non-riders doing the same stuff only to move it a little forward and because of the angle of the bike being on the side stand...it catch's them off guard and they can't but watch as the bike falls over...

Also here in So Calif land of the mighty hot asphault, I have seen lots of bikes on side stands dig into the warm blacktop only to have their owners come out of eating or shopping to find their bikes had fallen over 2hrs ago...not a pretty site. I have never had this happen with the bigger more supportive feet on the center stand.

But people do suck and although it has never happened to me, I'm sure some day some jack hole will also knock my bike over on purpose...I can only hope that I'm close by and see them do it, so I can beat them to within an inch of their sorry pathetic lives...

Wishing everyone on KR the best...
          Peace out 8)

Comment

Also here in So Calif land of the mighty hot asphault, I have seen lots of bikes on side stands dig into the warm blacktop only to have their owners come out of eating or shopping to find their bikes had fallen over 2hrs ago...not a pretty site. I have never had this happen with the bigger more supportive feet on the center stand.

That hot asphalt can be a real pain.. its always a good idea to carry a kick stand puck or worst case scenario, a smashed up soda can, to put your kick stand on to help keep it from sinking. At the fontana village for the rally, that asphalt was so soft even the center stands were sinking in.

Comment

lol the asphalt doesnt ever really get that hot here unles it is june/july and even then we get like 2 weeks that is 90+, but yea i think i will carry a crushed soda can for it just incase thanks for the info.

Comment

the only thing I heve hapen is car doors they love to bang the hell out of it

Comment

unfortunately, i've had the tip over even. went to the gym and then the said some witnesses said some kids on skateboards pushed my bike over and ran off. the paged me over the intercom but I had my tunes on and didn't hear. the workers picked up the bike, got some scratches on my right side, grip end, very pissed. not much can do though!
                  Ray - Thank you, may I have another?

Comment

When you say school, I assume you mean high school? In that case, I'd just be careful about who you piss off. I remember high school, you could look at the wrong person the wrong way and I'd set your house on fire... I mean THEY would. I'd never... I mean...

*punches you in the arm and runs away*
                    "Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly"

Comment

We live in the Santa Cruz Mountains of northern California, a half mile from the San Andreas fault, a few miles north of Loma Prieta. When the ground shakes, side stands are more stable than center stands because they give a broader triangle of support. Bikes that had been stored on their center stands were generally found on their sides. Bikes on both wheels with the side stand down were generally found upright, just where they had been parked.

Comment

I live in an apartment complex, so this is always a worry. The other bike rider and I park on an extended piece of sidewalk that surrounds a tree in the parking lot. It's well away from other vehicles. We keep an eye out for mischevious kids, and so far it hasn't been a problem.

At work, I started parking the bike within view of the front door (and a security camera). My coworkers keep a good eye out on it, and I haven't had a problem since the first (and hopefully only) minor incident, where either a car door or kids put a small mark on my upper right side fairing, which is barely noticeable.
                        2005 Red Katana 600!

How y'all mom n' 'em?

Comment

Originally posted by JJ0712
                          lol the asphalt doesnt ever really get that hot here unles it is june/july and even then we get like 2 weeks that is 90+, but yea i think i will carry a crushed soda can for it just incase thanks for the info.
                          It's been so hot here that the asphalt is squishy under your shoes, one of the joys of living in Phoenix I guess. I've never had my bike tip because of it though but that could be because I usually park on the sidewalk when I go to a store on the bike
                          Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it.

Comment

Well I use to never put mine on the center stand until it fell over on it's on so i use it all the time now.
                            1998 Katana green Wileyco pipe,K&N filter,Pilot powers.

Comment

yea and the bad thing is unless i can win a parking spot at school (raffle) then i have to park on side streets that makes me worry even more a 5 mins walk from school and out of site it worries me.

Comment

I have never had someone tip my bike over, I have dropped it getting on to one (cruiser), the worse I have had so far is someone putting trash on my Kat, I work at a local university.
                                I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

Working...
                                X