No announcement yet.
X

HOLY FROSTBITE!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i used to ride in 30degree weather...all the gloves i bought didnt do crap...until i found a pair of $10 Rite-Aid leather cheapo gloves. They work great...go figure
    " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

quick question:

the heated stuff is tempting... typically, in cold weather riding my hands are the only problem, with feet coming in a distant second... i have ridden in low-20's F many times, and would ride in colder if i was ever anywhere that cold....

how much spare juice do kat alternators have? i just realized that i have never researched this... i know that with bright headlight on, my honda is dangerously close to maxxing the alternator current, which is why failed rotors/stators and voltage regulators are so common on these bikes... even heated glove liners are 20-30 watts...
      a

gather 'round, children

Comment

i bought some snowmobile/motorcycle gauntlet gloves. These biotches work verrryyyy well in any kinda weather. My hands are nice and toasty. They are kinda bulky though but you can still use the controls just fine. Im gonna try neoprene scuba gloves. Neoprene is awesome.
        R.I.P. Jason you will be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by toobalicious
          how much spare juice do kat alternators have?
          Stock power-output is spec'd at 550 watts on the 98+ models at 5k RPM, which is about a 35% excess, leaving you easily 80 watts you should be able to draw off without serious consequence of discharging the battery as long as the RPM's aren't hovering around idle the whole time.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
          X