X

One lap at Buttonwillow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One lap at Buttonwillow

slow morning session, Good Friday. Wish I had video of the afternoon [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjSli6nFo38"]YouTube - letsrideonelap.wmv[/ame]

Sweet video! Looks like pure fun...

Comment

My friend was there with his 87 gsxr....first trackday, he was right on pace and moved up to the intermediate group. Impressive. He's been riding one way or another since he was 8.

There was a Post 600....it was LOUD! the dude got fairly fast over the day. It reminded me of my first trackday on my pre 750.

This track has bumps everywhere, but it flows well for the most part.

Comment

From watching the video I thought the track had a nice flow to it. You look smooth and had a good line all the way round the track. The surface reminds me of a track in Michigan we go to called Grattan. Lots of patches due to the hard winters. It's a great track though, very technical and alot of elevation change. They just don't have the cash to re-surface it, and if they did, it might lose some of its personality and reference points...

Comment

I love Bumpywillow. Not a big fan of it backwards, or with the dragstip instead of lost hills but always loved that track. The new turn 2 looks slippery as hell but seems to grip good. You need to do some MotoYard trackdays so I can go out there with ya.
          sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
          MSF Rider Coach 27028
          MoPowerSports.com
          Torco
          SoCalTrackDays

Comment

Turn two is slippery....too many different surfaces from all the repaving/patching. My least favorite has to be turn 3....it is just too bumpy, very to dive into it. my favorite has to be Riverside, and the one that gave me most problems was the Mazda sweeper before the esses.

Comment

So you guys ran Star Mazda??? We only run the AFAM sweeper closer in. Funky kinda turns all right
              sigpic

MSF Rider Coach 27028
              MoPowerSports.com
              Torco
              SoCalTrackDays

Comment

You're right. We ran the AFM sweeper....ran it wide that is, there might have been some jumping action over the dirt and back onto the track .......

Comment

Thats a corner that I like. You run really wide most of the way through, then turn it in at the end and run over the candystripe on the way out.
                  sigpic

MSF Rider Coach 27028
                  MoPowerSports.com
                  Torco
                  SoCalTrackDays

Comment

Working...
                  X