CDI box.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDI box.

This is for the electrical people.
    I just did a wire harness swap on my 199. I had the new one for a while and decide that today was a good day to swap it out. I replaced it with a 1990 harness. The only difference is on the big connector that plugs into the cdi box. The 1991 has 4 wires and the 1990 has 3 wires. The small connector has 4 wires on both. I traces the white wire to where you plug the starter up ( in that black boot). I just don't what that wire goes to??? I looked at the wire diagram. Well I’m not an electrician so I’m puzzled. Any help here will help me out.
    Tried to do a search and found no help.

Oh well. I just got done wiring in the coils. What ever I did, I did it right. With the old harness when ever I turned off the key with out hitting the kill switch the bike would keep running and the lights would get realy bright, then BAM all the bulbs blew. With this harness I turn the key off and it shuts down the bike. I know not the right thing to do, but had to check and make sure things are working. But still puzzled with that wire? Mabe it has something to do with the cali fan???

Comment

Can't help , but DAMN I'm curious .....
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
      X