Neutral Light

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neutral Light

Hello Everyone,

I’m new to riding and just purchased a used Kat 750. I’ve noticed that the neutral light is functional at first after a little while it stops coming on when in neutral. Come home and park it and check it later and it works again. I was just wondering if anyone has this issue with the neutral light.

Gone out a few times and I’m hooked…

Thank you

sounds like a possible neutral light switch problem

Comment

okay... thank you

Comment

I had the EXACT problem 2 years ago. It was the nuetral switch. It is behind the countershaft sporcket cover. It is a pretty easy fix. Good Luck!
        The procedure is in the manual if you need it.

Comment

I'll give it a shot... took the safety course and was told not to rely on the light, but just bothers me that it works when its cold. Thanks!

Comment

Hi All,

Finally go around to changing out the neutral switch. The problem now is that I can’t get into gear after taking on/off the sprocket cover. I tried adjusting the clutch without any success. I have not attempted the method by HS2020. I do have some questions and hope that my fellow riders can shed some light.

Before replacing the switch I was able to shift into all gears without starting here up and now after the fact I can no longer shift into 1st, 4th, 5th, and 6th gears. After messing around with the clutch cable adjustment I lost all gears and she stays in neutral, do I have to start her in order to shift into gear?

Btw, everything seems to be back in place and if anyone decides to change the neutral switch don’t forget the rubber ring gasket from the old switch.

Thanks for reading

Comment

Use the sticky that HS2020 posted to properly adjust your clutch .... and you SHOULD be able to sdhift into ALL gears with NO clutch when not running . Just spin the wheel and click the gears . Can you NOT ?
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Follow the instructions carefully! You do not want your worm drive shooting out the side case!

And no.. it wasn't me!!

Comment

Thanks to HS2020 instructions on clutch adjustment I’m back on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                    Follow the instructions carefully! You do not want your worm drive shooting out the side case!

And no.. it wasn't me!!
                    Enquiring minds wanna know ....

Originally posted by blackkat2001
                    Thanks to HS2020 instructions on clutch adjustment I’m back on the road.

http://www.katriders.com/forums/view...157&highlight=
                    So it WAS just a simple clutch adjustment ?
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

It started with replacing the neutral switch which required the removal of the sprocket cover, which I guess disturbed the clutch cable. I tried to adjust the clutch cable using the manual without any success, then I messed with it, and finally found HS2020’s how to instructions. So, my goal was to fix my initial problem with the neutral light not coming on after she warms up. Thanks for everyone’s help.

Comment

I thought you were wanting to know about beer. Oh wait that would be "Natural Light" not "Nuetral" Light. My bad.
                        Glad you got it fixed.
                        AAA-Anarchy, Armaggedon, Annihilation

Comment

Working...
                        X