X

Caution: Work in Progress

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caution: Work in Progress

Just bought a Katana 750 for $700 off of Craigslist. Really excited about fixing it up. I am a pilot and aircraft mechanic by profession, so motorcycles are the logical hobby right?
    Looks like the Katana has been laid over a time or two, however it runs great. For now I am planning on cleaning it up and trying to smooth the scratches out of the fairings, and clean the engine up a little bit since it has some rust. I eventually want to remove the fairings and turn it into more of a naked/street fighter. My husband rides a naked 1996 Suzuki Bandit (What I learned to ride on) and it may just be primacy of learning, but I love the looks and feel of the naked bikes now.
    The pictures attached show the Katana and one of it and the Bandit together. Both need a little TLC, but with the great weather as of late we've already started.
    Attached Files

Logical only when your helmet has a spinner on top. Welcome enjoy the project, post pics on the progress.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Welcome to KR! Used to have a 2000 1200S Bandit and do ever I miss that beast. It was like a turbine, power everywhere. Good luck with the mods.

Comment

the fairings are ABS plastic. you can use ABS cement as filler in the scratches. proper install is necessary to bond without falling off.
        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Congrats on the find. You will find that the frame looks horrible on the Kat for the naked look. The Bandit was designed for it. Good luck with whatever you decide.
          Welcome to KR.

Comment

Welcome to kr, liked the pictures the naked bike looked great

Comment

Thanks KAT TOY for the suggestion, I had been looking at different ways to fix the grooves, and the ABS cement looks like the way to go.

As for the naked/street fighter. Agreed that just taking the fairings off it looks pretty ugly. The plan is to make some half-fairings and clean up the lines a little bit. Won't be completely naked, but not the full fairings either. I found some pictures of some i really liked in the street fighter forum, however now I can't find the pictures. When it gets closer to fall I'm sure I'll do some looking again.

Comment

Working...
              X