X

rear tire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear tire

is there any way to put an extened swing arm on a 92 kat w/o usung the wide tire kits i want something a lil longer and a lil wder but not the 300s thats too much

well, I can't tell if your Kat is a 600 or 750, because it don't have that info in your ride profile, but if it's a 600 you can put a 750 swingarm on it that's an 1 1/2 longer. Or you can use a 98+ swingarm also 1 1/2 longer and use a 160/60 tire safely. I have two 98+ swingarm's for sale, let me know. The 98+ has the rear shock knuckle and dogbones so all you need to do is put those on. Let me explain the 98+ swingarm swap. The 98+ swingarm use a bigger pivot, so use your pre 98 pivot and your pre 98 bearing inserts and trust washers. Then you'll be good to go. The 98+ swingarms are 1/4 in. larger than the pre 98's so use a bottle jack to spread open your frame and put that in there. It sounds hard, but it's really not.

Comment

On a '92, you can safely use a 150/70ZR17. To use a 160/60ZR17, you'd need a 98+ rear rim.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

how bout anyhting w/ the mirrors i was reading something about the pigspotter II but will they fit on the 92.

Comment

Working...
        X