X

first fighter (a work in progress)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first fighter (a work in progress)

so here it is, 92 600. picked it up for 1000 bucks with some thrashed farings and tons of work needing to be done so i figured if im gunna put some money into it why not go all out. so far ive found the headlights and begun some minor body work, sanding for paint n what not. Im a college kid so time and money dont come around as often as id like but by next season should be all set! Any of you previous fighter builders have any tips be sure to let me know!

RIDE TO LIVE. LIVE TO RIDE.

Not lookin too bad, seems to b a good basis to start from.like the light setup. Not sure if the gauges r just hung up with tie wraps or what but ok, time and money gotcha!

Comment

your off to a good start man good luck I'm sure you'll post more pics

Comment

you plan on taking ur gf with you anywhere? if not, chop the frame. down to one seat. buy a different tail light.. and i agree it looks like a great starting point. healights are half the battle and getting away from 2 exhaust cans is usually the most expensive part, and it's already done for you.. so really you dont have to spend too much money on this to make it look awesome!! if you are wanting to get rid of those fairings, let me know.. i might give ya plenty of parts money for them.. dont care if they are rashed, but i dont want cracked ones..

dont know if you ment to do it, but ur gas kap is krooked

Comment

Originally posted by fearlife87 View Post
          you plan on taking ur gf with you anywhere? if not, chop the frame. down to one seat. buy a different tail light.. and i agree it looks like a great starting point. healights are half the battle and getting away from 2 exhaust cans is usually the most expensive part, and it's already done for you.. so really you dont have to spend too much money on this to make it look awesome!! if you are wanting to get rid of those fairings, let me know.. i might give ya plenty of parts money for them.. dont care if they are rashed, but i dont want cracked ones..

dont know if you ment to do it, but ur gas kap is krooked

haha yea the gas cap is broken lol. um what farings did you want cuz i have a couple laying around but i havent looked at them in a while so im not sure if they are cracked or not. yea im gunna cut the frame down and the seat but im gunna leave it just big enough to stick her skinny *** on the back lol. the exhaust is tore up so im not sure how im gunna make that pretty but yea.

its comming along and i should have more pics up soon!

Comment

UPDATE!!
            ive had a little bit of a chance to strip it down a bit! ive drained and started puttin a couple layers of primer on there, took off the exhaust and am working on making that prettier lol, and cleaned the carbs. today is the electrical wiring day. im going to take off all the wiring and figure out what all i need and take out everything else. this weekend is engine rebuild weekend wooo! and hopefully i can hack off some of the frame at the rear end! any one have some older renthal bars or some nice front forks? lol

Comment

Looks like its been through a war
              Die Living, rather than live dying

Comment

Tis lookin good so far

Comment

Also just wondering how the headlights do at night. I am trying to figure out what I want to do.

Comment

Originally posted by On1wheel01 View Post
                    Also just wondering how the headlights do at night. I am trying to figure out what I want to do.

the headlights are awesome i picked them up from walmart for 20bucks and when i drive down the neighborhood street at night you can see everyones houses and yards clearly lol way better than stock but i do need to rewire it to be high and low.

Comment

i dont think you will be able to do that... i tried it once, and it turned the lights on and off, and it diddnt matter how i wired them.. post pictures of that tank when you are done.. working on one myself, and im liking how yours is looking.

Comment

you can have one of the lights high and the other low, but to have them both on you'll need have them both on the same switch

Comment

or wire them to 2 diffrent switches, or a switch which will go from main, high then both, everything is possible

Comment

yes, my reply was meant with the stock switch

Comment

im not sure what you are doing, you can wire them into the stock switch, (mine are) but you wont get a high beam and low beam. you will either have them both on, and you flip the switch, and they'll both go off, or you can have them wired to one will be on, and then you turn on high beams and that one turns off, and the other turns on. the bulbs dont have 2 fillaments in them like the stock headlight does, therefore you wont ever have highbeams.. just so ya know.

Comment

Working...
                              X