X

Low Speed Crash now I need a couple of parts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Speed Crash now I need a couple of parts

Hi Guys. Had a little mishap over the weekend. I was riding up to get my new chain put on when I hit some wet oily pavement on an off ramp and I dumped it at a little less than 10 mph This is the first time I've ever been down. Really sucks to see/hear your bike go sliding across the pavement I'm OK (Thank you GEAR!!) but my bike has some damage to the right side. Mostly cosmetic: fairing, bellypan, dented tank, scraped exhaust, slightly bent handle bar (think I can bend it back) mirror, (needed new ones anyways) and Footpeg broken. I have to replace the footpeg and mirror and it will be rideable but I'd like to find a new tank, upper fairing and belly pan to make her pretty again. I already ordered mirrors but I'm having a tough time finding pegs. Anyone know where I can get them? They can be stock or aftermarket, nuthin' too expensive though. If anyone has any laying around they'd like to sell I'd consider that too. I'm not sure if pegs from any other bikes fit. Thought I heard something about SV650 pegs working but don't know for sure. Any help would be greatly apreciated.
    92 Katana 600, Full Jardine Exhaust.

Welcome to Florida, 11 Curves in 318 Miles

Sorry to hear about your accident and I can certainly empathize. I had a similar incident this year. I'm glad you're OK.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

If I can find mine I would be more than happy to help...only thing is you need to take off the pressed in bracket off your old one...all I would ask is shipping but I'll look for them and they are yours...
      Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

GO to www.kneedraggers.com I got my foot pegs from there for $25 a set. They work great too. I know for the pre 98's arsenic as a belly pan and I have a maier one you can have for $20 shipped to your door(right side). This is for a pre98 too. Let me know.
        www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Glad to hear ur ok... and now we can officially say welcome to the club.. the club of those that have gone down. Its not an elite club mind you, but well most of us have done it so dont feel bad.

Ebay is awesome for parts on Kats, u can practically anything. kneedraggers, as jimmy mentioned, are great to deal with, excellent service and fast shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
            If I can find mine I would be more than happy to help...only thing is you need to take off the pressed in bracket off your old one...all I would ask is shipping but I'll look for them and they are yours...
            Hi Jax. Thanks for the offer, you are talking about the belly pan right side or the pegs? I just ordered some pegs from knee draggers like HS2020 suggested so I have those covered now. If it's the belly pan that would be great if you could find it. I'd really apreciate it. I want to get my baby back together asap. I could pay pal you shipping cost or send a money order whatever would be easiest for you. Thanks again.

If Jax can't find his I'd be interested in yours HS2020. $20 shipped sounds like a great deal.

Thanks to everyone for replying. It's good to know I have friends on here. Thanks again for everything.

Later,
            Lee

Comment

I'm sorry I was meaning the Pegs...I have a pair that took off my bike because I replaced them with custom ones...
              Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
              Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

MNG just so you know you will have to drill the holes on this lower to make it fit. Maier plastics do not come pre drilled. That is why I never used it.
                www.mopowersports.com

Comment

And the 600 and 750 pegs are different , just so's you guys know .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Hey HS2020 how do I get you the money for the belly pan? I can do paypal if you have it or send a money order etc. Just let me know what's best for you. Thanks, Lee

Comment

Working...
                    X