No announcement yet.
X

Remove factory graphics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I took mine off the wrong way and tried all the solvents including goo gone and had no luck.Did the tennis ball thing and had the glue off in no time and no marks on paint.Thought it was a dumb idea but when I tried it I was amazed how well it worked

Comment

I have to say I like the stickers. Bikes look generic without them. They also give me the notion that someone had wrecked them, fixed them, and were too lazy to put them back on. I think the post Kats look like fat whales with holes in them without em. Sorry, just my opinion.

Comment

careful moels, i had that same thought for my purple and black kat. nothing i tried took the glue off. the tank stickers were the worst! thats why its streetfightered and flat black now. Heat melts it and when its cool it breaks. years of sun damage is my guess.
        Out there we are all brothers.

96 Kat 600 "bobtastic"

Comment

Originally posted by kjcmetal View Post
          careful moels, i had that same thought for my purple and black kat. nothing i tried took the glue off. the tank stickers were the worst! thats why its streetfightered and flat black now. Heat melts it and when its cool it breaks. years of sun damage is my guess.
          Thanks for the info, I've decided to leave it alone. The bike is in great shape and I will just leave it stock looking.

Comment

Moels that bike looks great with that color combo it sets it apart from all the rest glad your leaving it as is!

Comment

Totally agree.

Comment

+2 Its rare to find that old of a kat with the finish/decals in that good of shape. Plus, I've got a really good pic of one just like it(same color scheme and all) that I cant post here due to nudity. If you want me to email it to you I can,lol.
                sigpicIn Memory Of Troy Allen Bell
                RIP 06/24/53 - 01/08/08
                I Miss You Pop
                2006 GSX1300R Hayabusa
                BMC aif filter,Lowered,Small air box mod,Bar riserers

Comment

Originally posted by Liltroy View Post
                  +2 Its rare to find that old of a kat with the finish/decals in that good of shape. Plus, I've got a really good pic of one just like it(same color scheme and all) that I cant post here due to nudity. If you want me to email it to you I can,lol.
                  Ummmmm, yeah! lol

[email protected]

Thank you!

Comment

Pic has been emailed.....You better not be under age!!! LOL
                    sigpicIn Memory Of Troy Allen Bell
                    RIP 06/24/53 - 01/08/08
                    I Miss You Pop
                    2006 GSX1300R Hayabusa
                    BMC aif filter,Lowered,Small air box mod,Bar riserers

Comment

Got the pics, thank you very much.

I wish I was underage.........lol

Comment

I hate to say this, but I used WD40, then while that was soaking in, I swiped a little gas from the tank with a clean rag. The 2 combined worked great. Hopefully there are no science teachers out here about to flame me.
                        '04 600 GSXF

"Hope for the best, but expect the worst. You will always be prepared, and never disappointed."
                        ME.

Comment

Originally posted by Liltroy View Post
                          Pic has been emailed.....You better not be under age!!! LOL
                          You can place it here if you want: http://www.slotzero.com/imagehosting/

Comment

Well, I got tired of the comments on the gay/ chick bike, so I thought I'd change it up a bit. I started yesterday and so far i have the decals off ( still need to finish glue removal ) and I changed the seats to black and did the tail section removal. ( Just waiting on the flush mounts to pit on. ) Here's a few crappy pics taken in the garage this evening.

Comment

Here's a better day shot of it:

Comment

when i took off my facotry v-star decals (they were the raised badge kind) I used dental floss to slide behind them and a dremmel with the buffer attachment to buff off the glue then mothers wax...cant tell they were ever there...

nice biker that purple would have to go if it was me

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                                X