X

Definitive answer on warning decals?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Definitive answer on warning decals?

I did some searching here and elsewhere, and I'm still not sure that I've found a good answer to the question of removing the warning decals from the tank and fairing. Some suggest that it could void the warranty; others suggest that it could fail a state inspection. But I can't find definitive proof of either of those things.

My black Kat looks great, but those orange and white stickers that tell me to wear a helmet and not drink and drive are kinda tarnishing the appearance. Can I remove them or not?

MM

I've never seen replacement stickers for sale here or elsewhere, except that funny one someone made-up and was looking at having printed.

With as many people here and elsewhere that have repainted their bikes for years without replacing the sticker I'm going to say no, it's not necessary. Heck, I see no reason why they would be a requirement.

Comment

I dont know for sure but my guess is its probably a dealer requirement for new bikes and atv's but may not be anything stating they have to stay on. If so im hooped.
      Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
      www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

I removed the katana decals on the plastic fairings very very carefully and they came off with ease........kind of. As for the ones on the tank, I have the same question I guess. I wanna take those off too but I cant find a good way to get it done. I dont wanna scratch the tank and repaint, so I just dont know of a good way, those things are like bullet proof and dont want to come off
        Anthony rides a KAT

MYSPACE!!! http://www.myspace.com/tony06_az

Comment

for me the ones on the tank were easier than the plastics. I ended up gouging the plastic and did a little spot repair before paint. but i wasnt really being very patient with them. If i remember correctly the ones on the tank came off nicely.
          Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
          www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

yea I only have one tiny spot on the plastic where I gooffed but its low enough that its not really visible. I cant seem to get the ones on the tank off for anything!!!! I dont know what kinda chemical cleaner I could use to get them off without damaging the paint, how did you manage to get them off so easily?
            Anthony rides a KAT

MYSPACE!!! http://www.myspace.com/tony06_az

Comment

Mine was covered in them when I got it, on the tank and plastics, so I warmed them gently with a hairdrier and they peeled off really easy, no marks, no damage.

Hope that helps

Ian
              Ian

sigpic

Comment

Go to auto zone or other auto supply store and as for "Sticker Shock". It's used to remove bumper stickers, and will not damage your paint. Spray it on, let it set for 5 min, it breaks the bond on the glue of the sticker and it will peel off. You may have to do it a few times to get the entire sticker off, but this stuff works great! I've used it on my bikes, and on my work vans to remove the lettering. Good Stuff!!
                Life's not always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride!! 94 Katana 600/750 and 99 Harley Electra-Glide

Comment

I removed nearly all my stickers the first week I got the bike. I just used a hair dryer to heat up the sticker, then it will peel off pretty easy. Goo gone removed the left over glue.
                  myspace
                  2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

You don't need any warning stickers on your bike for state inspection in PA.

As for warrenty... I've never had one on a bike... but I would suspect that there is no way they could legally require you to keep the stickers on.
                    -Steve

sigpic
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Maybe it's like the mattress tags, guys in black suits and ear buds will show up at your house

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Comment

on some tanks they were clear cloated over.i used adhesive remover,just keeped bushing some on till they broke loose.

Comment

Take a blow dryer on an extension chord to the stickers for a minute or two, then carefully remove them with a razor. They should come right off with no problems.

Comment

my buddy bryan had his gs500 in the shop for warranty work 300 miles after he got his bike brand new with non of those warning stickers on. and they didnt say anything.(if they would happen to ***** say that it came off when you washed it)

Comment

Working...
                              X