X

Had to use my mods today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had to use my mods today

8) Had to use my mods I've been doing on the Kat. Got the plastic back on it and been doing shake down runs on it and to just feel it out. Had a good day to ride today so I took her out for a short hop. On the way back home I had to turn off the main road on to the secondary road to my house. A cager came flying over the hill while I was in the middle of my turn. All ready in 2nd gear I rolled the throttle and punched out. It did everything I've been trying to tune it for, a good strong smooth pull. It deffinately got me out of harms way and didn't take long to do it. It kept pulling hard in the upper k"s, thanks to the 750 header mod. The mods really paid off and help keep me out of a bad situation this time. The cager didn't even slow down, didn't matter though, I was gone. The power and torque are more predictable and that's what I'm after, easier to ride the bike that way. Glad I had those extra ponies and smoothness. I use power and torque to keep me out of trouble when need be.

good to hear!

Comment

Mods

8) Backed the mix screws out and trimmed slide springs to clean the bottom up, shimmed needles and dremelled 750 header when I need to go to afterburners. Power is probably the same but it seems to be smoother and quicker with a good strong pull, no hesitation from idle to mid. I'm not in the upper k's that much, just working on the bottom and mid mostly. I like where it's at so far, gonna watch the plugs to see how things are going. No popping or crackling from pipes, so heat seems to be ok.

Comment

Working...
      X