X

Vance & Hines SS2R Slip On Question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vance & Hines SS2R Slip On Question

I am installing a Vance & Hines SS2R slip on exhaust on my '03 Kat 600 and the instructions are not very clear on what to do with a bracket that they say to install to the right center stand pivot bolt. It is supposed to support the pipe near the joint with the header but I have tried to install it in every direction possible and I can't see where it could do any support as it just has a flat bend and will not attach to the pipe. Has anyone installed one of these that may have some insight? I have tried contacting V&H with email but they refuse to reply. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, Dave

I may be mistaken, but I don't think it's meant to support the pipe. it's to keep the centerstand from banging into the pipe when it pops up.

Comment

Originally posted by katana bob
      I may be mistaken, but I don't think it's meant to support the pipe. it's to keep the centerstand from banging into the pipe when it pops up.
      Ding Ding Ding Ding that would be correct.
      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Thanks guys. I would have never thought of that because the original pipe had a support bolt just above the center stand so I was sure it was to take the place of the orig. support. I guess they decided it did not need support there, or it was too difficult to make a support. The orig. pipe also has a rubber bumper so the center stand would not hit the pipe. Thanks for the help. Dave

Comment

Working...
        X