X

Cheap performance enhancements?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap performance enhancements?

I've got a 1994 Katana, and I was wondering: is there a cheap way to get an increase in power? My first car was a mustang and the first thing any respectable mustang owner does is swap out the headers (especially on older models). Is there someone similar for Kats? I remember one of the threads someone said that Kats have some very basic cams which limit their intake
    Some people are primarily positive, others negative. Some argue about whether the glass is half full or half empty. Me? I drink the contents and call it empty.

Originally posted by jtdybr View Post
    I've got a 1994 Katana, and I was wondering: is there a cheap way to get an increase in power? My first car was a mustang and the first thing any respectable mustang owner does is swap out the headers (especially on older models). Is there someone similar for Kats? I remember one of the threads someone said that Kats have some very basic cams which limit their intake
    ok, first thing to do is search. I'd follow that with ignition advancer, grind out header welds, ivan's jet kit, GSX-R cams, and read everything on CP's site

motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

and then search again.
    May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.
    May the sun shine warm upon your face,
    and rains fall soft upon your fields.
    And until we meet again,
    May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
    RIP Marc

Comment

Lose weight.
      Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
      Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

and if money is tight you can always do the poor mans ignition advancer. search poor mans ignition advancer and there should be a write up on how to do it.
        sigpic
        -Cory-
        1997 Katana 600

-see my garage for mods-

'pegs are down for you anytime CP'

Comment

After all that, STOP posting after 83 Kat stuff in this VINTAGE section! Thanks, Ray.
          85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

Oops

"Only for Kats made PRIOR to 1998" is what I thought I had read.
            Some people are primarily positive, others negative. Some argue about whether the glass is half full or half empty. Me? I drink the contents and call it empty.

Comment

Originally posted by suzukiray View Post
              After all that, STOP posting after 83 Kat stuff in this VINTAGE section! Thanks, Ray.
              thats POST 88 Ray...

yall BOTH need glasses

"Vintage Kats Only for Kats made PRIOR to 1988. Pics, Sightings, General Information, Questions;
              if it has to do with vintage katana's you'll find it here."

See My Garage for mods...
              T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
              Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

Originally posted by JayBell View Post
                thats POST 88 Ray...

yall BOTH need glasses

"Vintage Kats Only for Kats made PRIOR to 1988. Pics, Sightings, General Information, Questions;
                if it has to do with vintage katana's you'll find it here."

90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

The cheapest way to make your bike faster is to become a better rider.
                  Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by JayBell View Post
                    thats POST 88 Ray...

yall BOTH need glasses

"Vintage Kats Only for Kats made PRIOR to 1988. "
                    If you do some research you will find there were NO Kats for the US between 83 & 88.
                    85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

Working...
                    X