X

camo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• camo?

Just wondering if anyone's ever seen anyone use the realtree or mossy oak camo wrap stuff you can get for trucks used on a bike? wondering how it would look. not sure if I'm interested in doing it or not but just curious to see if it's been done.

Orange County Choppers did a Mossy Oak dip on a custom Enduro a couple of weeks ago. Looked pretty cool, but the bad part is that if you did it on a street bike it would make you even harder to see.
    With the way those dips work, you could camo just about anything.
    2005 Aprilia RST1000
    2007 Dodge Nitro SLT
    1998 Chevy Tahoe
    www.midwestguntrader.com

Comment

I've used it on a Winchester rifle .22 and it works just fine. You should put a coat of polyurethane over it to produce gloss and repel water.
      LMT

Comment

Only do it if you wear matching coveralls. And please post pics.

Comment

Originally posted by MadKatter View Post
          Only do it if you wear matching coveralls. And please post pics.
          +1

Comment

Camo? Yuck. Ugly, ugly, UGLY.

(Just my personal opinion. Sorta like not signing on-line petitions...)
            "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

That would probably be the most original kat ever.
              02' Katana 600
              D&D Slip on, 5 Degree Factory Pro advancer, 03' tail fairing, Integrated taillight

Comment

what is it with Americans and camo?

i'm sorry but I just don't get it...
                I was at shopping over in buffalo on Sat and saw at least a dozen guys wearing FULL camo, old style, casual camo to not military outfits.
                One guy in walmart was looking at DVD's wearing a camo hat, coat. jogging pants and camo boots, so I just walked right into him and nearly knocked him over then pretended I did not see him. Then I said oops my bad..I did not even see you there...
                In tops a few hours later I saw a couple more guys wearing camo.

I've been a small and big game hunter my entire life and can't remeber ever wearing full camo to the store shopping for socks or looking for bike parts etc.
                98 GSX750F
                95 Honda VT600 vlx
                08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

you might be a redneck if....your motorcycle is camo

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
                  what is it with Americans and camo?

i'm sorry but I just don't get it...
                  I was at shopping over in buffalo on Sat and saw at least a dozen guys wearing FULL camo, old style, casual camo to not military outfits.
                  One guy in walmart was looking at DVD's wearing a camo hat, coat. jogging pants and camo boots, so I just walked right into him and nearly knocked him over then pretended I did not see him. Then I said oops my bad..I did not even see you there...
                  In tops a few hours later I saw a couple more guys wearing camo.

I've been a small and big game hunter my entire life and can't remeber ever wearing full camo to the store shopping for socks or looking for bike parts etc.
                  i am not really sure...i wear a camo jacket/hoodie thing a lot
                  Last edited by redkatana; 03-03-2008, 08:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

2 words......YEE HAW....

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
                      One guy in walmart was looking at DVD's wearing a camo hat, coat. jogging pants and camo boots, so I just walked right into him and nearly knocked him over then pretended I did not see him. Then I said oops my bad..I did not even see you there....

We used to do that when I worked retail in the 80's

Now wanna see something really weird?

Not weird enough?

Now how about this:

What f'ing bonehead buys a camo wallet?!?!?

Oh yeah teh same f'ing bone head who dresses the baby like this:

Heard while camping:
                      Honey? Have you seen the baby??

All these courtesy of Cabelas BTW..
                      Great outdoor store but just the place you find a redneck lottery winner..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post

Oh yeah teh same f'ing bone head who dresses the baby like this:

Heard while camping:
                        Honey? Have you seen the baby??
                        Haha you've never lived in the south lol...this is quite common

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

My wife does wedding stuff, and one of the suppliers has camo ring pillows. Personally I like the artic camo, but not to the point where I would dress in full gear with it.
                          "If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger. "
                          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

there's a couple people around here (Yarmouth Nova Scotia Canada) who've painted their cars (very cheaply) in camo and alot of people around here love the camo clothes but I've yet to see a bike with it so I'm thinkin it'd be original just not sure if I'd like it

Comment

If you do it, then you also have to put some big off road tires on as well
                              2007 Honda CBR600rr
                              2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X