Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Exhaust question, help would be very appreciated!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust question, help would be very appreciated!

Hi everyone, new here, first post.

I hope that someone can assist me.

I got myself an 1988 1100F Katana last year. So far, great, and I love it.

My problem is that the pipes are rusted out and I now have about 1/2 an inch of pipe where they connect to the "hub" for the mufflers.

So, checking on ebay and in used stores, I have a few options:

One place has the original but used system for around 500$, but it's hours of driving to get there and while he is quite certain that these are the correct ones, I still would have to take mine off to bring and compare.

On ebay, I found that there are 2 primary sellers for systems.

One has the Vance & Hines, BUT, it states that it's for the "GSXR" . Would this fit on my "GSXF" ?

The other seller has the D & D and has replied to me that these would fit my bike. The difference is about 150$ more (if I get the black)

So either I take a chance and get originals but used, or I get one of these aftermarket ones that are new.

Anyone knows what the differences are between the R and the F models?

So, anyone, any advise? Any online stores that you'd recommend? (I am in Canada)
    JPG
    1988 GSX 1100F

where are you in canada? I have several options I can help you with. I have a complete stock system, I have just the header pipes that join to the collectors (what you call hub), and I have a 4:1 yosh system.

if you want to go new, I would not suggest a D&D. it is a bit too loud on the 1100's in my opinion. A gsx-r system will not work. the header will bolt on, but the mid-pip is shaped in a way that it will not allow your canister to bolt on the way it should.

if you want to go stock, I would sell you a complete system for half of what that other guy wanted. $250 would get you the whole package. They are in great shape with no ding, dents, rust or any of that nasty stuff.

contact me if you are interested. I am in Sherbrooke, Quebec....where are you?
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Me again

Thanks mojoe, that sounds great!

I'm in Gatineau, Hull.

Here'a some pictures of the bike and the problem.

Email me and let's work something out!
      JPG
      1988 GSX 1100F

Comment

Mojoe: What kind of price do you want for the Yosh?
        2005 GSXF750 Katana
        1991 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000
        1993 Kawasaki VN750 Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by gaillarry
          Mojoe: What kind of price do you want for the Yosh?
          well I kinda needed to keep one system to use, so I never thought about selling the both of them.
          but if angel wants to give me $250 for the complete system, I would like to get enough for the Yosh to be able to buy a brand new 4:1 withought having to dig too deep in my own pockets. The stock system is worth more than the Yosh is.....so I figure around $150ish. The header and midpipe are mint. the canister is decent, but could use a good cleaning. I will get some pics to post up for you guys.

F_A.....my gf has friends in Gatineau that she has been naging me about to go visit. I could kill two birds with one stone. gaillarry....you willing to make a trip to Gat to pick up the Yosh if you decided to buy it?

Comment

ouch....North Bay, huh? kinda far from Gat. 4 hours. shipping it to you from gatineau would be cheaper though.

Comment

Sounds great! just tell me when!

I emailed you, let me know if you got it, so we can swap info (such as when and where to meet)
              JPG
              1988 GSX 1100F

Comment

btw, Mojoe, I see that you have other parts too.

The only other flaw is after my wife got on hte bike without me, well... if you look at the above picture, you'll see that the signal (right side) is re-glued and taped together. If you have that, I'd be happy.

Another question I have... the clock, it's dead... the manuals I have don't help, and all I can see is that it appears that I have to take the whole panel apart. Any idea about a simple way to do this?
                JPG
                1988 GSX 1100F

Comment

Mojoe: Shipping by bus is the cheapest in Canada. You drop it off at the nearest Greyhound bus terminal and I pick it at the terminal here. Yes, pls post some pics, I'm definitely interested.
                  2005 GSXF750 Katana
                  1991 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000
                  1993 Kawasaki VN750 Vulcan

Comment

angel....might have a flasher for you. what is broke? the lense cover, or post that sticks up from the base that the lense bolts to?

G...never shipped by bus before. I will look into that.

Comment

The lens cover I believe.

The light and mount seems all ok, it's just the plastic that smashed, but I was able to glue it back with just one piece missing. I'm using electrical tape to hold it, and unless looking at it from up close, most can't tell it's busted.
                      JPG
                      1988 GSX 1100F

Comment

Working...
                      X