X

scratches

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scratches

i finally layed my bike down but luckily it occured on grass. however the grass did put numerous light scratches and rub marks all over the side of it. Is there any products that will either cover or blend the paint in a way that the scratches will be less noticable, short of repainting the whole bike.

I laid by bike down in grass as well. Same result. Scratches that just nicked the clearcoat, more or less.

I used some Turtle Wax polishing compound and then followed that with Meguiar's Scratch X. Once you use these two similar products, you will want to use a good paste wax. The scratches are still there but hardly noticable.

Another thing is after a wash, wipe the bike down with a soft cotton cloth and Pledge furniture polish. Sounds crazy but it keeps the scratches "wet" and therefore they don't show as well.

Comment

The best stuff I've found is 3M Rubbing Compound. I backed my Explorer into my wife's car last week and it took ALL the scratches out of the clearcoat. The only buffer I used was my arm. That stuff has made a believer outta me!
      - Beave

1998 Katana 600 - Traded
      2005 F4i -

Comment

Originally posted by SKNL2
        I laid by bike down in grass as well. Same result. Scratches that just nicked the clearcoat, more or less.

I used some Turtle Wax polishing compound and then followed that with Meguiar's Scratch X. Once you use these two similar products, you will want to use a good paste wax. The scratches are still there but hardly noticable.

Another thing is after a wash, wipe the bike down with a soft cotton cloth and Pledge furniture polish. Sounds crazy but it keeps the scratches "wet" and therefore they don't show as well.

+1 but i am not to sure about the pledge

Comment

Originally posted by suzukisportrider2004

Try it on something you don't care about then get back to me.

Comment

Originally posted by suzukisportrider2004

Maguires has a multiple step system that works well and can be picked up at your local auto parts store for about $4 per bottle. It works great!

As for the pledge....DONT DO IT! It looks ok as long as it is not too humid out. Once the humidity goes up, you've got a big oily mess to sit on.

Try it on something you don't care about then get back to me.
            2006 Kan-A-Tuna GSX-F 750

Comment

Maguires has a multiple step system that works well and can be picked up at your local auto parts store for about $4 per bottle. It works great!

As for the pledge....DONT DO IT! It looks ok as long as it is not too humid out. Once the humidity goes up, you've got a big oily mess to sit on.
              2006 Kan-A-Tuna GSX-F 750

Comment

I don't leave it on the bike. I wipe it off with a cotton rag. No oily messes here and NC is as humid as most anywhere else.

Don't like the Pledge idea, don't try it. More for me! :P

Comment

scratches

thanks for the help i already do own the meguires 3 step system just havent had the time yet to try it and wanted to make sure that there was nothing else that would work better before i did anything at all

Comment

Working...
                  X