Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Katana streetfighter. Possibly the worst.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana streetfighter. Possibly the worst.

PLAYGROUND, TAMPA FLORIDA. MY FRIEND RODE MY KATANA SO I COULD PICTURE BOTH BIKES. ENJOY. SQUID, OVER N OUT.

doesnt look bad at all actually, before mine hits the road its going to be nakeyfied. that being said are you using any kind of speedo?

Comment

none. just me and the road!

Comment

lol, why is it the worst?

Any straight on side shots? I love Katfighters.

Comment

moar pic plz, i might have to steal some ideas

Comment

Looks good man, dig the tail.

Nate

Comment

I have a pre fighter as well. I live on Macdill AFB. Hit me up with a PM sometime if you want to go riding sometime. I can't always ride cus I have a kid in the house that takes up both mine and my wifes time, but I can try and make time.

Crash (another Chris) lives nearby but recently wrecked his bike. Otherwise he would ride with us.
              I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
              -Unholy m-
              Current project: Un-Katchable
              sigpic

Comment

thanks you guys, ill try and get more pics up. the katana is getting some work done..

gsxr 1000 swingarm, 1000 shock and 6 inch rim with a 190 tire....

Comment

Looks cool, where did you get the headlight assembly?

Comment

looks like an ebay headlight search for cyclops.
                    love the tail, what tail light is it?
                    190 will be a fatty rear end on a kat. do you already know what you need to do to make the gsxr1k swinger fit? it might be easier to mod the stock to accept a 180.

Comment

Originally posted by joedan View Post
                      190 will be a fatty rear end on a kat. do you already know what you need to do to make the gsxr1k swinger fit? it might be easier to mod the stock to accept a 180.

Eh, either way would work for THIS bike. The GSXR swingarm would look cooler.

He's already done a good portion of the hard stuff to make one fit... moved the subframe lower rails up to give clearance.

A stock bike it's not a good option because you have major clearance issues with the stock tail... fighters change up the tail so much it's normally not as much an issue.

I predict he may find the OEM rear sets are still a bit close/clearance possible issues but... shaving off the whole bracket there where they bolt on, and putting in a new bracket/rear sets off another bike is a simple and better looking solution anyways. And it's possible to find adjustable sets too.

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by joedan View Post
                        yeah the headlight sucks i hate it. new bracket and 2 piece light on the way. and yes i know what needs to be done i have a good welder. and the stock arm is so ugly i just wanna set it on fire. the taillight is from an 04 r6, LED.
                        Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                        Eh, either way would work for THIS bike. The GSXR swingarm would look cooler.

He's already done a good portion of the hard stuff to make one fit... moved the subframe lower rails up to give clearance.

A stock bike it's not a good option because you have major clearance issues with the stock tail... fighters change up the tail so much it's normally not as much an issue.

I predict he may find the OEM rear sets are still a bit close/clearance possible issues but... shaving off the whole bracket there where they bolt on, and putting in a new bracket/rear sets off another bike is a simple and better looking solution anyways. And it's possible to find adjustable sets too.

Krey
                        ill be posting pics soon

Comment

looks cool to me!

Comment

Just found this post, nice work, looks good, need more pics for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by kat astrophe View Post
                              Just found this post, nice work, looks good, need more pics for sure.
                              ill show you mine if you show me yours!

really, i wanna see your bike.. looks SICK,

Comment

Working...
                              X