X

Chopped street kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chopped street kat

I consider this the new version of a chopper. People know days call their bikes chopper but they have just painted or bolted on up grades. its a 1990 Katana at heart.
    Attached Files

don't know if i'd call it a chopper....more like a street fighter with a sissy bar, or a rat bike
    Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
    '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

Yeah. Choppers originally had cut (or chopped) frames and then were lengthened. When choppers got popular a few years back (because of a certain few shows) then manufactuers started making their bikes have more and more chopper "add ons" standard. But even most choppers aren't acutally chopped anymore.

But I still think to call your kat a chopper, you'd have to cut and shorten/lengthen the frame, and proabably throw the rake way out there. I mean if it's not like 32 or 45, it ain't a chopper.

Still, nice mods though. Whatever it is.
      "Courage is not reckless abandon, or bravery in the absence of fear. It is the knowledge of fear, the wisdom to know the costs of failure, the prudence to minimize those costs, and, in so doing, courage is the mastery of fear. Courage without fear is lunacy."

Comment

How's it handle?
        Tejasandre

Comment

With a little more rake, a hugger and the subframe cut back to just a solo seat it would be a pretty convincing chopper, and it would probably take all of one day to accomplish all that. One way or another, it certainly is original.
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

^^ hey dude welcome back....Weren't you banned for awhile?

I've been gone for awhile too.....

back on track....Wow thats one ugly kat there dude, to each their own to each their own!

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by whitecl0ver View Post
              ^^ hey dude welcome back....Weren't you banned for awhile?

I've been gone for awhile too.....

back on track....Wow thats one ugly kat there dude, to each their own to each their own!
              Whaaaaa?! The last time I was banned was the winter of '08, I believe. If it has happened since then, I didn't notice!
              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

The bike looks like something from Mad Max...and I like it too.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Would be indefinitely sweeter if the controls were dropped a little lower.

Crazy machine, I like it. (and a quote from my friend...)

'Does it have cancer??!'

Comment

the bike handles very well. only problem is the front end get very light if i wack the throttle open. As far as "cancer" it has a little surface rust I have been ignoring. I like to say chopper because I did fab new dog bones and the kick stand. I chopped off the gauges and mounts and fabricated that rear seat for my fiance (thats why it hasnt been bobbed). Thanks for all the feedback, agree that it is ugly in a kind of awesome way.

Comment

I'd like to have your squareback in the background....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                      You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

lolwut?
                        "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

that squareback has a been a nagging project. problem is I have 2 dirt bikes, a virago, 68 chevy blazer and just built a trailer so i dont have time right now to focus on it...it'll be on other forums for sure after that 8" chop and open front end.

Comment

Working...
                          X