Tortrons 1991 GSX600F

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tortrons 1991 GSX600F

Hi Guys
    Have been lurking around the forums for a week or so. I was quite happy to find such a thriving community for these bikes.

Here is my 91 GSX600F
    I have had it now for about a month, having put about 100km on every day

Here it is as i got it

Pretty good order, a few small scrapes on the fairings, a few cracks and a little paint missing from where the fuel tap had been leaking.
    Has recently had the top end rebuilt
    Givi Top box
    HID headlight installed

Over the last month i have;
    Plastic welded the fairing cracks - will get some paint matched and touch a few bits up.
    Removed the top box and rack as the rack was starting to look pretty bad. Has since been stripped back and resprayed.
    Stripped and resprayed the headlight/instrument frame
    remounted the HID unit to a better position
    Installed an alarm and immobiliser
    Installed a set of NGK Iridium plugs

And heres how she stands today

and just for interest, heres a few of my other and previous bikes

Last edited by Tortron; 11-08-2010, 03:37 AM.

Welcome to KR

Nice looking Kat, real clean for a 91 model

Welcome to KR

Nice looking Kat, real clean for a 91 model
    Last edited by yngveny; 11-08-2010, 03:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2002 GSXF 750

Comment

That's a fine looking machine! Welcome to KR

Comment

can u get me close up pics of the mounting hardware used for your luggage rack?

welcome to KR BTW.
        Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
        Tony
        94 Katana 600

Comment

welcome
          GO HARD OR GO HOME

Comment

Love the red kat I have an 04 but realy love the pre B E A UTIFUL. O and wtf is that little bike love it too.
            Burn it

Comment

Can't wait to see these later tonight! Welcome! I too have a 91 600 Kat.... I just finished my tail plastic chop this weekend... i wrote up a full DIY on how to do it if you're interested. I'm trying to post it up currently and have a mod move it over to the DIY "Sticky" section.
              Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

welcome , what is that stripped down bike ?

Comment

Is that an old YJ1 Yamaha?
                  "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

The stripped down bike is a late 50's early 60's Honda C95 (little brother to the Dream)
                    stripped down and hacked up to fit a Twin carb, Grumpy Cammed, High compression Honda CD175 engine

Everything that doesnt make it go, stop or turn has been removed (even the paint, thats how intensive my race lightening is )
                    still a work in progress, mainly because i have too many projects as it is

Will take some photos of the rack for you, its pretty basic.

As for the tail chop, i am considering it. But i am thinking of making a new under tail from alloy plate. Trying hard not to pull this bike to bits too

Comment

If I could find a pre in such good condition I'd buy it. That is a nice looking bike.

Comment

Nice looking 600F. Welcome to the site.
                        Richard
                        96 Suzuki GSX750F
                        89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
                        05 Yamaha WR450F
                        05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
                          can u get me close up pics of the mounting hardware used for your luggage rack?

welcome to KR BTW.

Uses the same bolts as the luggage tie down (which can be installed as well, i just had it taken off in this photo)

Comment

thank you so much i had been wanting to weld up a luggage rack for a very long time and i have gone through 4-5 different designs and i think i like this one the most.
                            Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                            Tony
                            94 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                            X