No announcement yet.
X

New paint on the SV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow...the whole world is a critic, eh? passing judgement? it's a paint job! thumbs down? It's not even finished and it's got a negative...good Lord man, I've seen horrible rattle can jobs get better comments on here...what is going on around here?...no wonder I can't hardly stand this site anymore, and I'm a moderator!

wcj, for what it's worth, coming from an 'experienced' painter, I see where you are going with it, and can't wait to see the cleared finished product.
    Last edited by teddy; 09-16-2010, 10:00 PM.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Well I for one can't wait to see it cleared and put back together. My imagination is on vacation right now.
      Originally posted by chrisgreer23
      Looks like Crash has lived up to his name.
      2000 Kat 600 Totaled, Parting out WHAT DO YOU NEED
      1983 Suzuki GR650- Sold
      2006 Suzuki SV1000S- Gone but never forgotten
      1967 Pontiac Firebird Convertible-The other project 350/4 spd and some stuff

Comment

!

Originally posted by teddy View Post
        wow...the whole world is a critic, eh? passing judgement? it's a paint job! thumbs down? It's not even finished and it's got a negative...good Lord man, I've seen horrible rattle can jobs get better comments on here...what is going on around here?...no wonder I can't hardly stand this site anymore, and I'm a moderator!

wcj, for what it's worth, coming from an 'experienced' painter, I see where you are going with it, and can't wait to see the cleared finished product.
        Yo Teddy! he did right just ignoring the haters.....it dont matter what anyone else says anyway as long as he likes it.

With all that said, i like it.
        Last edited by 600Kat4EB; 09-17-2010, 09:56 AM.
        Godspeed
        CSBA #1167
        Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

Yeah, i came upon this thread at a bad time, pushed my buttons a bit...my bad. I still stand by what I said though... spewing negativity before the product is finished is no way to treat a brother of this site...wcj evidently has the tolerance thing down pretty good...i'm still working on that.

You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
            Yeah, i came upon this thread at a bad time, pushed my buttons a bit...my bad. I still stand by what I said though... spewing negativity before the product is finished is no way to treat a brother of this site...wcj evidently has the tolerance thing down pretty good...i'm still working on that.
            I feel u and agree.

Still waiting on ur dads write-up and pics from ur job on his zzr.....don't keep us waiting too long.
            Godspeed
            CSBA #1167
            Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

the zzr...yeah...haven't had a lot of time to get that far on it unfortunately...

Comment

When can we see them finished and on the bike?
                Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
                '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

Heh. A painter I definitely am not. Im just too cheap to pay someone else to do it for me.

No need to beat up on the negative comments. Im just posting the pics to share cuz I was bored. This type of stuff is so subjective, I cant expect everyone to like it.

I will admit I probably should have just posted the pics after I had cleared it and put it all back on the bike. Oh well.

Im hoping to have some free time to deplete more ozone this weekend. If all goes well, I should be able to reassemble everything a couple days after that.

So those that are having a hard time seeing what I was trying to go for, I basically modeled it after the Tech3 MotoGP bikes and then took a lot of liberty with the color and the tail.

Comment

If it ends up looking anything like that bike i'd say props.
                    -1990 Suzuki Katana GSXF1100
                    -2007 BMW 335xi (Retired )
                    -2008 Audi S5
                    -2010 Land Rover Range Rover

Comment

Pretend the blue tape isnt there. The top is the only part I didnt get a chance to clear this weekend.

Comment

Looks amazing!

I kinda like the blue tape there - give's an accent that draws the eyes.

Just clear over it

Comment

Looks good......

WHAT IS THE ACTUAL COLOR CALLED?
                          sigpic
                          98 Katana 750 89 Katana 600
                          Corbin Gunfighter & Scorpion Pipe

Comment

That's the "I hope I wont have to match it a third time" red.

It started off "Rouge Aden" but I didnt think it was quite dark enough so we added more burgundy tint until it looked like how I imagined.

The black and white are just generic Ford paint codes.

Comment

I can dig it; it really sings.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Wow that looks amazing So much better on the bike.
                                Originally posted by chrisgreer23
                                Looks like Crash has lived up to his name.
                                2000 Kat 600 Totaled, Parting out WHAT DO YOU NEED
                                1983 Suzuki GR650- Sold
                                2006 Suzuki SV1000S- Gone but never forgotten
                                1967 Pontiac Firebird Convertible-The other project 350/4 spd and some stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X