X

To Hell and Back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Hell and Back

Literally.. Enjoyed a sunday ride to Hell, Michigan and back. It was a 6 hour round trip including a stop for lunch and gas, my 1st time down there and my 1st time really takin the Kat out through twisities. Prior to this it has just been short trips around town and commuting back and forth to work this season. Accompanied by a ZX12R and a GSXR600, I was certainly at a slower pace than them, getting familiar with the roads and how the Kat performs compared to the EX500 that I rode for the last 2 seasons. I feel like I learned a lot and it certainly answered some of my Q's about the Kat. It was a great time and I'm already planning to go back in a few weekends.
    Attached Files
    sigpic2006 GSX600F

The big question is how did you like the kat on the" long" haul?
    When all else fails get a bigger hammer

Comment

Originally posted by phantasm View Post
      I think it's a great sport touring bike but the farther into the curves we got the more it began showing it's touring side. I'm okay with that though, I bought it with the intention of doing mostly 2-up riding. The best way to say it is "the Kat is a comfortable medium".
      sigpic2006 GSX600F

Comment

sounds like a nice trip. Wonder how far from Grand Rapids this is....
        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'

Comment

Originally posted by phantasm View Post
          With a Corbin you could've probably done it again, while your gixxer buddy would've needed a back brace!
          sigpic
          "Character, in the long run, is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike." Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

How come you didn't go over and push those baggers out, so you could park closer to the door?
            My YouTube Videos
            My motorcyle map!

Comment

Road out there a few years back to visit SgtJimbo, some nice roads out there once you get off the bone jarring interstate.
              Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by slip304 View Post
                I think it's a great sport touring bike but the farther into the curves we got the more it began showing it's touring side...
                Beef up the fork springs.
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by BoarderBry View Post
                  sounds like a nice trip. Wonder how far from Grand Rapids this is....
                  The guys I rode out with actually came in from Grand Rapids and we met up in Lansing.
                  Last edited by slip304; 06-20-2011, 09:48 AM. Reason: incomplete sentence.
                  sigpic2006 GSX600F

Comment

way to go

Comment

is that a custom color on your bike?

Comment

Working...
                      X