Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

I thought the centerstand was good enough...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought the centerstand was good enough...

Apparently even the centerstand will mush into the asphalt enough to fall over:

Busted right mirror, scrape near the turn signal, handlebar tweaked, battery dead (temporarily; it seems to have recovered after the ride home). I even had a metal plate with me for the sidestand, but I just figured the centerstand would be fine. The cases helped save the fairings fortunately.

Lesson learned!

that suxs
    I had my sidestand sink in Sunday after 10 or 15 minutes , wasnt that hot here fortunately it didnt fall over
    thinking the oily spot you where on top of didnt help much
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
      thinking the oily spot you where on top of didnt help much
      Funny, I started parking at the back of the parking spots where the oil is after my bike got knocked over when I parked closer to the front of the spot and someone hit it pulling out of a spot.

Comment

Ugh, that really sucks! I've seen bikes SINK on the center stand... but never go over before.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

That sux man...sounds like the cases and the weld job held up good though.

Comment

looks like it's time for tires or is it my vision?
            never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Tough break man, but at least it didn't fall over with you on it. Thanks for the post, a real eye opener. Here in So. Nevada on a hot day the asphalt feels soft walking on it. I've seen sidestands sitting on lil slabs of wood around here, now I know why.
              2005 Katana 750

Comment

Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
                looks like it's time for tires or is it my vision?
                Back is fairly new, but the front needs to be replaced. Gonna do that some time in the next month.

Comment

gotta love it! never trust metal and hot pavement!!!
                  sigpic2006 KAT 750

"Ever wonder how some people have made it as far in life as they have?"

Comment

That's why I keep a kickstand puck in my tank bag.

Ever tried to pry a kick stand loose from pavement after it sinks and then everything cools down? Yeah, that sucks too.
                    Ron
                    MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Ouch, Like Steve said I think you were unlucky to have one side softer than the other.
                      I have seen them sink right down to the tires..

Comment

This is always foreign to me, I've never seen in person or had it happen to me on any of my bikes...knock on wood.
                        Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Working on installing: TPS mod

Anyone who loves their bike uses Rotella T6!

Comment

Our first year at the rally, cyber's center stand had dropped several inches, but that was into a soft shoulder.

What's odd, is that most parking lots should have a strong enough pavement to hold up to the center stand's abuse.

In any event, side stand with a puck please!
                          -Steve

sigpic
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

ouch
                            This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                            BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

OHH NO!!!! Not a VFR on the ground!!!! Send paramedics!!!!

Make me want to run out side and check mine, it's on the centerstand now.

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X