X

1/4 mile times

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/4 mile times

I did a search but couldn't find anything, so if there's already a thread like this or this is the wrong section, sue me. Haha

So anyway, what's everyone's best 1/4?

Let's do this as such for clarity and organization:

Year: 2001
    CC's: 750
    1/4 Time: 11.95@111
    Track: Heartland Park Topeka (KS)

Year: 2005
    CC's: 999
    1/8: 6.28 @ 118
    1/4: 9 something. dont have that slip anymore
    Track: Gateway international IL/ST Louis

Never specified katanas?
    Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
    6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
    5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

Well in that case....
      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Whos gone the fastest on a stock 750? Ive googled times but all i get are times for 600s.

02 Kat 750
        00 civic
        98 accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by blackzc View Post
          Whos gone the fastest on a stock 750? Ive googled times but all i get are times for 600s.
          Mine's stock with the exception of my lack of fairings. (which if anything, I think slows me down, especially on my MPH)

Comment

wouldnt mind knowing what a stock post 600 can run.. or one with an ivan's kit. I found a site that said 12.3, then I saw a noob say they ran high 13 for the first time at the track.. so I have no idea..low 13's/ high 12's?

Comment

Originally posted by blackzc View Post
              My fastest speed on my '06 750 was 125. Could have gone faster (too chicken)

I have not had a chance to do a 1/4 mile time and speed yet.. Maybe soon now that I live just a couple miles away from a track??
              2006 Kan-A-Tuna GSX-F 750

Comment

I've gone about 135mph as indicated by the speedo so it maybe a little less on my 2006 750. I could have gone faster I was still in 5th gear but I ran outta road.

Comment

12.46 track: Temple Track in Texas.
                  max speed 146, then i got stuck cause at that time that's as fast as it went.
                  06 KAT 600

Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Ignorant and Dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbody45 View Post
                    12.46 track: Temple Track in Texas.
                    max speed 146, then i got stuck cause at that time that's as fast as it went.
                    damn! not far off of the internet saying 12.3.. was this stock? Didn't know my stock '02 could be in low 12's.. whew.

Comment

Originally posted by ImportRacer3 View Post
                      wouldnt mind knowing what a stock post 600 can run.. or one with an ivan's kit. I found a site that said 12.3, then I saw a noob say they ran high 13 for the first time at the track.. so I have no idea..low 13's/ high 12's?
                      Well a lot of your track times are dependent upon your skill level and experience running at a dragstrip. Times will vary quite a bit based on this experience and their launching ability off the line. A lot of your ET is made coming off that start line. If you launch well at the start it makes a HUGE difference. Also, your shifting ability will be a huge factor in your times as well. If you granny shift then your times will be much worst then an experienced rider. Many factors need to be taken into account. This is under optimum conditions with an experienced rider.

The Katana 600 with an experienced track rider is supposed to do about 12.3 sec in the 1/4 mile @ 107 - 109 mph. 0-60 somewhere in the 4.X range and a top speed of about 135mph.

My car is a lot faster than my bike, but I don't mind at all. I enjoy my bike and it is fast enough for me right now.
                      2007 Honda CBR600rr
                      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zepp View Post

My car is a lot faster than my bike, but I don't mind at all. I enjoy my bike and it is fast enough for me right now.
                        nice Trans Am/ Formula
                        The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Originally posted by Zepp View Post
                          Well a lot of your track times are dependent upon your skill level and experience running at a dragstrip. Times will vary quite a bit based on this experience and their launching ability off the line. A lot of your ET is made coming off that start line. If you launch well at the start it makes a HUGE difference. Also, your shifting ability will be a huge factor in your times as well. If you granny shift then your times will be much worst then an experienced rider. Many factors need to be taken into account. This is under optimum conditions with an experienced rider.

The Katana 600 with an experienced track rider is supposed to do about 12.3 sec in the 1/4 mile @ 107 - 109 mph. 0-60 somewhere in the 4.X range and a top speed of about 135mph.

Great info, thanks man! I needed a cut and dry response like that. +1. But yah.. if the bike is capable of low 12's... that's fast enough for me.. especially since i'm still considered a beginner/ >a year.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGKAT1100 View Post
                            nice Trans Am/ Formula
                            Thanks BigKat!!! She is a lot of fun to drive, especially at the dragstrip
                            2007 Honda CBR600rr
                            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                            sigpic

Comment

I took my 99 750 to the track a few times this year . My best was time was 11.543 @ 115.75 . On that pass I had a 1.724 60' leaving at about 3,000 RPM . It lifted the front wheel about 10 or 12 inches and carried it most of the way through first gear. A ton of fun ! This was done with a 48 tooth rear sprocket up from 45 stock and the front end strapped . I also have a full yoshi rs3 exhaust and that's it . This pass was done in 85 degree heat with lot's of humidity also . In good air I think I could have gone a 40 with it . Most of my passes were in the 11.60 range and I faired pretty well in the brackets with it. This was the first bike I've ever run at the drags and it was a blast ! I think I went up 5 times this year in all . That's it for the Kat though as I recently bought an 07 Busa.
                              Mind over matter , if you don't mind it doesn't matter

Comment

Working...
                              X