1 day old and already dropped

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 day old and already dropped

Yeah...
    So its not that bad, but it does suck when you drop it trying to get it off the truck. I was able to save it from hitting hard so I was lucky there, but it has 6 miles on it, all of which are from the dealer's maintenance check before taking delivery on it. I haven't even riden it out of my driveway

The scratches are not bad enough to warrant a repaint so I am wondering if anyone knows of some sweet looking decals that might be able to mask the scratches. One of the scratches is deep but small on the strip between the two large holes by the motor right leg side, the other is just below the two holes.

Pics are in "My Garage" ---> "Photos"

Any help is appreciated
    KC
    Last edited by csfender125; 03-26-2008, 11:44 PM. Reason: pics

aww man! that sucks, but at least you are taking it in stride. they fall over sometimes. i've dropped some bikes in my day
    use the search function; TheCyberPoet sells some badges, and others will probably chime in to get you hooked up!

1993 Suzuki GSX600F

Comment

The one thats not too deep. It may be able to be wetsanded a little then polished out. Cant tell ya for sure from the pics but it looks like it may be possible. Is it all the way to the plastic or just in the clear?

Also be careful with those brand new slick tires so you don't get more scratches on it. Welcome to KR.
      Last edited by Erki; 03-26-2008, 11:41 PM.
      Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
      www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

the one between the 2 large holes is deep into the plastic but its small, the larger one is through the clear into the paint, i have seen that there is a japanese katana symbol available that might cover the deep one nicely, any thoughts

maybe just a large suzuki (spelled) emblem similar to the one on the bottom for the larger scratch

i also thought about gently taking the of the large factory katana decal but im not sure how hard that is, and i haven't even riden the bike out of the driveway. not to mention if i don't like it that sticker is ~$75 from suzuki
        Last edited by csfender125; 03-26-2008, 11:53 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

awww man talk about a bad friggin day sorry man... but just my cents and dont take it the wrong way but what were you thinkin buyin a bike and puttin it in a truck?! i rode the sucker home, i took the bus and walked there to pick it up....but there is a upside you saved it and from your pics the damage is minimal thank god theres no cracks or stuff like that when you said saved i didnt believe you till i saw your pics... if it was me i'd get some lame like playboy or skull stickers or get some of that gs27 scratch remover stuff that stuff might not work but it worked wonders on my KIA that stuff an a buffballthingy... saved is the word more like "pulled my shoulder outta socket i would have cryed... for like a straight hour...

Happiness
          Is a
          Warm Gun.

Comment

That looks pretty small. Did you consider picking up a touch up pen from Colorrite? Seem like that with some elbow grease you can get that looking like new.

Comment

Come look at my bike, you'll feel alot better about it.

Comment

Awe man! That sucks! Sorry to hear.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Did you miss judge the weight of the machine? I could never really understand why people put street bikes in truck beds. I would much rather use a trailer if I couldn't ride it.
                  American by birth, Italian by the grace of God

Comment

Man that blows. But at least the first scratch is over so you don't have to worry about it.

Comment

shouldhave driven it home then you might not hav had a problem
                      02 Suzuki Katana 750
                      05 Suzuki Boulevard C 50

If i wanted to hear an a$$hole i would just fart!!!!

sigpic

Comment

like the other guy said.... you got the first one out of the way..... I just got my 2000 repainted, but i got some nasty scratches on it 3 years ago. I bought some of those 'bullet hole' decals, and covered them that way....

Comment

Sorry to hear about that.

It is a done deal so don't beat yourself up over it, there is nothing you can do about it now.
                          2007 Honda CBR600rr
                          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                          sigpic

Comment

When I bought mine i needed to put it in the back of my F-150 to get it home. I had never ridden before, except my safety class two years ago, and the shop I bought it from was 60 very busy highway miles away. We did not realize how heavy it would be until we tried walking it down a 16 in wide aluminum ramp. I took 3 people to slowly get it down from the truck bed. There are some situations where driving it home just is not a good idea. Sorry about the drop

Comment

Originally posted by oscar35a View Post
                              like the other guy said.... you got the first one out of the way..... I just got my 2000 repainted, but i got some nasty scratches on it 3 years ago. I bought some of those 'bullet hole' decals, and covered them that way....
                              Ahh the good ol bullet hole decals.
                              Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
                              www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Working...
                              X