X

Well, I just about dropped it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I just about dropped it

I just ran down here to work to check on things and and when I pulled in the space & started to turn so I could back in it started to lean to the right. I think I hit the brake to hard while still leaning. Anyway, somehow I held it up just off the ground, got off and pushed it back up. It never touched the ground but it was right there.

Lesson learned (I hope): NEVER get in a hurry!

Worst part was the 2 people sitting in there car watching the entire thing. I just looked at them, smiled, and said "that was cute, huh?!". They just nodded and smiled.
    > Vince <

05 Katana 600
    97 Mustang GT
    95 GMC K2500 4x4

You are very lucky usualy when you pass the point of no return you don't get it up. like 50% over. Glad it worked out though.

Comment

Originally posted by blacksheep
      You are very lucky usualy when you pass the point of no return you don't get it up. like 50% over. Glad it worked out though.
      yup....that dreaded point where all you can say is "oh shit".
      glad you kept it up.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

It went well past 50%. I think the adrenaline kicked in. Plus, I think finally hitting the weights 4-5 days a week finally paid off. I know I was lucky & I'm glad I didn't scratch it up (yet ).
        > Vince <

05 Katana 600
        97 Mustang GT
        95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

Look at it this way, if it had hit the ground you probably would have said something a little more harsh than "pretty cute"!!!! Good save!

Comment

Originally posted by vdaily89
            It went well past 50%. I think the adrenaline kicked in. Plus, I think finally hitting the weights 4-5 days a week finally paid off. I know I was lucky & I'm glad I didn't scratch it up (yet ).
            try it with the 1100. that extra hundreds pounds (i think i am at about 550lbs with a full tank...what are the 750's? 450lbs?)
            at half way all i can do is hold it if i am on the bike....not lift it back. it only happened once and i just decided to swing my leg under and let it land on my leg instead of the fairings. it bruised my knee and my foot was starting to get pretty damn hot from the exhaust. i laid on the ground like that for close to 10 minutes until 2 guys came out of a restaurant to pick it up. I could have pulled my leg out and did it myself...and saved the embarassment.....but i didn't think my ego was worth scuffing up my bike.

Comment

definetely don't want to try it with anything heavier . I just hope I'm smart enough to have learned from this.
              > Vince <

05 Katana 600
              97 Mustang GT
              95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by mx916
                Look at it this way, if it had hit the ground you probably would have said something a little more harsh than "pretty cute"!!!! Good save!
                Yep. A clean word would have not been heard.
                > Vince <

05 Katana 600
                97 Mustang GT
                95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

Good save, you're opperative words were "I just about" It always has to happen when you have an audiance
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

There's a certain KR member who was the rally who learned this lesson too. Sorry Taz, we just cant let ya live that one down

But you know you're not truely initiated into riding until you drop your bike in the driveway or parking lot Everybody's done it, just happens unfortunately.

Comment

Moral to the story ....
                      Back brake at parking lot speeds . Front brake has a tendency to make the bars "flop" when you're barely moving . So your back hurt after that one ? Mine usually does !
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                        Moral to the story ....
                        Back brake at parking lot speeds . Front brake has a tendency to make the bars "flop" when you're barely moving . So your back hurt after that one ? Mine usually does !
                        i can relate to that. i am usually sore for a couple of days.

Comment

Oddly enough my back didn't bother me. But I am still healing from a pulled hamstring (coaching 7 yr. old All-Stars ) and it did put some strain on it.
                          > Vince <

05 Katana 600
                          97 Mustang GT
                          95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

All I can say is, thank goodness for adrenaline in those cases!!

Comment

Working...
                            X